Monday, January 17, 2011

Complaining Online

Oh, boy, is this ever a rich ground to talk about. For awhile this didn't really concern me until a friend on Facebook started to really complain. I understand if someone is having a bad day. Heck, I get depressed at random so I understand feeling down.

The difference comes with not doing anything about your depression. This person says she/he suffers from depression and so can't help it. However, I know people with depression who struggle but survive and are able to cope. This person disregarded any help that was given to him/her. I told my story and someone gave her story.

What did we get for helping this person? Being told that we were mean and bad people. Finally I wrote this person off as an attention seeker.

Like people who troll, lots of people like to complain about everything for attention. What is disgusting about this is that people will pity the attention seeker. It's like they expect the person to really be telling the truth when it's obvious that the person is just seeking attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment