Sunday, December 1, 2019

Piece of Tail (Mini-Review)

Piece of Tail is the thirteenth standalone novel in the Paranormal Dating Agency series by Milly Taiden. In this book Becca Durran is the Prowl Leader of a leap of leopard shifters who needs to find someone to marry. Jaylon Ross is the Alpha of a pack of wolf shifters and needs to find a mate. Both are told by their respective councils that it doesn't matter if they marry for love or not. So both turn to a dating agency to solve their problems.

I do like that Becca is a little chubby. Not overweight but at least not one of the many skinny protagonists you find in novels like this. I also like that Jaylon is more than accepting of something terrible that happened in her past. It was at that moment I thought of him as a really good guy and not merely a good romantic lead.

The book does a good job at showing the pair falling in love. It is both cute and more than a little erotic. I actually hated when the plot showed its ugly little head because I wouldn't have minded a book full of Becca and Jaylon being cute with each other.

The one problem I had was with the antagonist that shows up around half-way through the book. The Leopard Council changes their tune really quickly about an old ruling so something that should have been a bigger deal, isn't. But at least he lasts as a villain much longer than I thought he would.

I would recommend Piece of Tail for those who have body issues and want to find a fictional boyfriend to take away their problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment