Monday, September 26, 2016

Crossing the Divide 2

"Is there anything else you want to advise me on?" I asked, a small grin on my face.

"I know you don't understand the importance of names, but the rest of us do." Jorah replied, a similar grin now on his face.

"Is that about me taking the name Kaari? I've told you, I prefer Mormont. You are my husband and I want to show that I am connected to you."

"And you will not show that you love me less by taking the name Kaari. When we get to Westeros you are going to rebuild a House that has been forgotten for centuries and you have no name over there. Only a few know you as Scourge and that is no name to rebuild a dragonlord House with."

"Daenerys ca-"

"Only do so much for you. If you are seen as too dependent on House Targaryen, how are strangers to trust that you can manage your House without help? You are having to combat more than a few centuries of being forgotten. If you put your House's name on the lips of people you will show you have your own identity outside of House Targaryen."

I wanted to disagree with my husband but he was right. My duties to my House included much more than finding out my history and having children with a Targaryen, it included making a legend for my House. The name Kaari would flow much easier from humans' lips if it was included in the legends of Daenerys retaking the Iron Throne instead of being added after the battles had been won. I did not see the difference but Jorah and others would.

"While I want to show peace between House Kaari and Targaryen, you're right that I have to show myself as Lady Kaari." I told him.

"You can learn to rule." Jorah replied and took my face in his hands.

"It just might take some time."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jorah Mormont Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment