Sunday, September 4, 2016

Between Two Worlds 49

"Can we discuss more later?"

"Of course, but before I go I wish to give you a gift."

Jorah's hand tightened on the hilt of his sword. Though I thought there was no need, I didn't correct him for the gesture as I could be wrong. I hadn't noticed the thin package that was tied to her back as her words have been much more interesting. Now she took it off and handed it to me. Taking it I could feel the sword hidden beneath the wrapping. Slowly I opened it and waited for some trap to finally spring.

"A sword?" I asked the priestess as I looked at the hilt.

It had an intricate design that didn't make it too ceremonial and yet the design still showed that this sword was beyond important. It was silver with a winged snake in gold. The winged snake twisted around the hilt and I turned it over to see that it was more than well taken care of. Unwrapping the rest of it I saw what was, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Valyrian steel. This was not just a sword it was something that the Rasiki Order cared deeply about and had probably been guarding for centuries at least.

"It is the sword that the Lord or Lady of House Kaari carried." The priestess replied. "There was usually a test attached to becoming the ruler of the House and the reward was the sword. It grants the user vast amounts of information so that they can lead the Kaari in the best manner possible. The winged snake is the symbol of your House. The motto is 'Bow before no mortal or god.' As you are the last of that great House, the sword is given to you without ceremony."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jorah Mormont Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment