Thursday, December 4, 2014

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer Review

I used to be a huge Star Wars fan back in the day and I am actually excited for this film. I adore J.J.Abrams and am glad he will be able to grace one of my oldest fandoms (second after Animorphs). I am a fan of Fringe and do like the Star Trek reboot movies he has done.

So what do I think about this trailer?

This is a teaser trailer so I don't expect a whole lot to be shown in detail.

As millions before me have pointed out: a black stormtrooper appears. As some people know, the stormtroopers started allowing non-clones into their ranks. But don't feel bad if you don't know that as it hasn't been fully stated in the movies and a lot of you probably only watch the movies.

I do believe that fictional universes need to follow rules so that audiences know the dangers. So I am okay with a black stormtrooper since the canon holds up.

He wakes up in a desert that is probably Tatooine.

The ball droid is really the only thing in the teaser that I'm unsure of. It just looks too goofy. But, hey, it might work in the final film for all you Europeans with your love of football.

Then a shot of stormtroopers about to be deployed is shown. I really wonder what battle they're fighting. Looks intense!

A woman is shown racing across the desert. Maybe an ally to the black stormtrooper?

This is followed by a shot of X-Wings going across a landscape and my little nerd heart can barely take the beauty of the shot.

The Sith lightsaber is interesting. I have heard from others that it's "mildly canonical". It also looks different which is good as it creates more excitement for me. Its hilt works and I can't wait to see the Sith fight with it.

And the trailer ends with the Millennium Falcon going up against tie fighters. I do like how they changed the Falcon to keep up with what happened Return of the Jedi.

So what do I think the movie will be like?

I don't know what the plot is but the teaser trailer has sparked more than a little interest in me for the film. I think it will be good.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens will come out December 18, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment