Monday, December 1, 2014

Jurassic World (2015) Trailer Review


Now I wasn't one of those fangirls that jumped in excitement over the news of a new Jurassic Park movie. The last movie left such a sour taste in my mouth that I didn't see a new movie going anywhere good.

So let's take a look at the trailer and see if anything could be hopeful for this new movie.

The trailer starts off with a woman (possibly mother) talking to a boy (possibly her son). This shows that the dinosaur park is so common nowadays that people aren't even frightened about going there. The mother jokes about her son having to run if something chases him, which shows the viewers that nothing bad has happened in the park for a good long time.

Not only is the movie titled Jurassic World, but so is the park for some reason. Possibly to sound cooler?

The whole park looks beyond amazing. The special effects seem to be really good. There is even a part of the park where you can ride inside a glass bubble to get even closer to the dinosaurs. My favorite part has to be the water show. It was at that part where I lost my shit at the sheer awesomeness of the thing (in part because I really like that 'dinosaur').

Then the plot starts coming in and a woman's voice starts talking about the evolution of the study of genetics. It turns out that a new hybrid dinosaur has been made. The trailer doesn't show it, but imdb's summary of the movie states that the park's funding is running out so a hybrid was made to bring in more revenue. Since the trailer doesn't cover this part, I will save my rant on that until another time.

Chris Pratt's character (and if you're wondering why I suddenly got interested in the film, there's your answer) states that making a hybrid wasn't exactly a smart move. VERY smart! Because a super killer dinosaur isn't exactly visitor friendly.

As Chris Pratt's character looks at some damage the hybrid has done, it is shown that the hybrid is being kept very secret as he doesn't know what the hybrid is exactly.

Classical music begins to play as Chris Pratt's character says that the island has to be evacuated. Cue scenes of danger.

The trailer ends with Chris Pratt's character driving a motorcycle through a herd of velociraptors.

By the trailer I think that the special effects and Chris Pratt are sure to succeed. However, I am hesitant to say if the movie overall will be good as the third one has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Jurassic World is set to come out on June 12, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment