Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: A New Leaf 6

After carefully washing myself, I lay still in the pool. It was made out of rock and everyday it was filled with new water. Always fresh and never salt. During the daytime it was lovely and every night it was lit up with star light. Also, it was very close to Akumie's room. Meaning that after we had made love it had been a short walk here.


Of course I hadn't gone to the pool directly afterwards. Directly afterwards we had just enjoyed the comfort of each other. I wouldn't have done that if I had wanted to anger her. Getting on the bad side of a goddess never ended well.


I would have to go back to her soon. For some reason that thought frightened me. Was it because I was afraid of being caught or actually having feelings for her? Had to be the fear of being caught since I hadn't let any feelings for Akumie go deep into my mind. And if they hadn't gone deep into my mind then there was no chance that they would've reached my heart. A heart that I had protected from those kind of feelings since Sajoki's death. Or at least that's what I told myself.


Realizing that I couldn't wait any longer, I got out. I walked to Akumie's room and entered dripping wet. When I saw her smile at me from the bed, I remembered the wetness I had felt earlier. With that thought I smiled back at her.


"You're good." Akumie said. "I'm amazed that you dared to fight a goddess that way."


"I have no fear." I told her and dried myself with a rug on the floor. She laughed. "It's one of the only dry things in this room now."


"That's all your fault."


"And I'm not sorry for that at all."


After I dried off I went back in bed and lay down with Akumie for awhile. We talked to each other but the conversation wasn't important. I was pretending through most of it. Akumie liked it so it didn't matter anyways. I don't know if I liked her believing the lies or her smile more.


Finally I got up. "I'm boring you?" Akumie asked jokingly.


"No, I just need to talk to Jirou." I replied.


"Who is he?"


"A sparring buddy of mine. Haven't talked to him in a long time."


"You going to brag about me to him?" She smiled as she said that.

"How could I not tell a friend of mine about you? About our love?" I said and headed to Jirou. Of course I wasn't going to be talking about love to him. That part wasn't true.

No comments:

Post a Comment