Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Paranoia (Video 2011)

Title: Paranoia

Director: Ryan Mitchelle

Writer: Brad Jones

Starring: Brian Irving, Felicia Jiardina, and Brad Jones

Version: Writer's Cut

Rated: Not Rated

Released: 2011

Rating: 5/5

Oscars: N/A

Basic Plot: Mark Bishop's wife has left him and now he's caught up in finding who the serial killer is.

It Cured My ADD
Well, not totally. But all throughout the film I did not move (except for bathroom breaks, getting dinner ready, and during the last thirty minutes because it got so intense). What I look for in any movie is how well it keeps my attention. Sometimes that's the reason why I rate Oscar Worthy films low. When a movie, like Paranoia, can keep my attention it means something.

The Twist
Normally I wouldn't mind giving away the twist of a movie, but I really want you to see this movie. But suffice it to say that the twist makes a lot of sense. Besides that, it adds an even deeper level to the film. While some may think the ending comes out of nowhere, I say that there were tiny clues all throughout the film. Plus, it makes the tiny clues make a HECK of a lot of sense.

Black and White Works Wonders
I couldn't imagine this film in color and working as good. The coloring scheme heightened the mood. The mood of being unnerved. It may be just me, but black and white can make anything creepier.

Final Thoughts
There are two versions of this film: Director's Cut and Writer's Cut. One major difference between the two is that the Director's Cut does too much foreshadowing about the twist (as I have heard from many people who have seen that version). So I suggest you see the Writer's Cut first. The Director's Cut you have to pay for but the Writer's Cut can be viewed online for free.

Now I might be accused for being a fangirl, but I really do like this movie. Did I see it just because Brad Jones wrote and starred in it? Yes. But if it was a piece of crap I wouldn't be afraid to say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment