Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: A New Leaf 7

As I walked toward the main sparing arena, I breathed in the air. It had a special smell to it now. Almost like Akumie was in my lungs. I looked around and spotted Jirou walking towards the main sparing arena too. Unlike me, he was neither an obake or able to hide among humans. He appeared to be a wolf that walked on its hind legs. Ruining this image was his head that had the same shape as a human's and had human teeth. Jirou's hands were also human, but had fur on the back of them.


"Jirou!" I yelled to him and he walked to me. "Haven't seen you in a long time."


"And you never greet me unless you want to brag about something." Jirou replied and crossed his arms. The only thing reassuring me he wasn't annoyed was the slight grin on his face.


"You're the only one who cares."


"No, I'm the only one who just lets you blabber on." He replied and smirked. "So what is it this time?"


"Oh, it's a big one." I said and paused. Did I really want to tell him? He would probably tell Akumie that I had just used her. And then she'd get angry. On the other hand, Jirou was the only one who would let me brag anymore. "I slept with Akumie."


Jirou stared at me. For a few minutes he didn't even speak. It seemed as though his expression was trying to cage his rage but was not succeeding. "Please say you did it out of love and not out of lust. Do you realize what would happen to us if you used a goddess?"


"What does it matter? She doesn't have to know."


"Rig Katashi, she's a goddess."


"And goddesses can be fooled."


"Do you really want to take that chance? What if someone tells her the truth?"


I walked up to Jirou and stood inches away from his face. "You wouldn't dare."


Jirou said nothing and walked away. I didn't know where he was going, but I guessed it was to talk to Akumie.


When he was out of sight I looked at the sky. Flying had always calmed me down before. Nearly as much as sex, really. As I concentrated, I became a miniature Western Dragon with black scales. I had heard about them from traveling obake and I thought today was a good day to try the form out.


I spread my wings out, ran, and took off. The feeling of flight in this form was fun but nothing special. I really preferred any Eastern Dragon form over this one. The one thing that was exceptional, though, was how the scales picked up the sunlight. Because of that I got lost in the joy of the form for hours. When I remembered who I was, the sun was about to set.


Shifting into the form of an eagle I started to look for Akumie. It had been awhile and I doubted she had stayed in her room. I finally found her at the edge of the pool I had been bathing in before. I landed on a rock and noticed that she was crying.


Had she found out?

No comments:

Post a Comment