Wednesday, September 7, 2011

S&N: Curse Revealed 2

I started to feel what I would've called nervous, when I was a human, as I got closer to Samara's new house. I couldn't wait to see her and feel human once more. But that would all be meaningless if she destroyed me because she thought I might be some kind of trick from The Net.


I parked in her driveway and looked at her house. It looked more expensive than our old apartment and might mean that she had moved up in rank. Being very careful, as Samara is an agent of Karma, I walked up to the front door and rung the doorbell.


I looked at the wall and did see that it was made out of materials that would dampen the sounds a Machine would hear.


After a minute I figured out that Samara was not home. I didn't want to stand outside where someone might see me that wasn't supposed to. If one member of The Net saw me there would be trouble as I would either be destroyed or reprogrammed.


I walked over to one of the windows and decided to get in that way. I figured that the door would be more trouble than the window. That's how Samara usually did things. After a few careful minutes I managed to open the window and got in a half second before security caught me. I looked around quickly to make sure that there weren't going to be any surprises for me.


Turning I saw a hidden camera that must've not raised anything since my skin was that of my old human body. Lucky that Samara didn't put much money on her camera or the fact that she couldn't stand killing anything that looked like me. But that last explanation was either too human or just plain illogical.


When I had checked out Samara's entire house for traps, I started looking at it in another way. I started to look for any pictures of her. I didn't expect much since those in Karma had a thing with secrecy. Or at least the better members did. And Samara was a very good member of Karma.


After going through all the pictures in the house I was calm with the knowledge that Samara hadn't taken another lover since my human body had died. At least I had a chance to be with her as I once was. But it would be difficult even if she did accept me as I didn't know how long I could cling onto my humanity. Though my thoughts of being with Samara made me almost forget my Machine side.


I found a place by the door and stood there. I didn't move at all and I didn't feel any reason to move. An hour later I heard a car pulling up in the driveway. Would it be Samara Crichton or someone who would kill me without thought? I waited and took my gun out just in case.


The door opened, there was a gasp, and Samara dropped her groceries. I tried to read a clear emotion on her face but couldn't. There was a mix of fear and joy along with a million other emotions. I remained silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment