Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 19 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"Why would I use only one dragon?" I asked. "Doing so would be a waste."

"The Lannister forces won't be able to defend against one." Jon argued.

"Are you suggesting that I'm only sending all three as a show of force with no tactical benefits?"

"Yes."

I could understand the bastard's reluctance to use more than one dragon. He had been raised in the North and so was biased against my House and its dragons. I also agreed with him that one dragon was necessary but I didn't think things would get out of control with three. At least I hoped so.

"I do want to make the Lannisters feel terrified but not at the cost of killing all of them." I said. "I want to do just enough damage to make them know that defying me will have consequences."

"They will be intimidated once they see you on Drogon." Jon countered.

"It won't be enough. They know I have dragons but yet Cersei doesn't hand me the Iron Throne. Her subjects continue to defy me because they don't yet comprehend who I am. If they see three dragons they may stop supporting the pretender."

No comments:

Post a Comment