Tuesday, December 15, 2020

At First Love Chapter 33: A Day of Love

This is a Real Person Fanfiction. In this fanfiction Iain Glen has never been married.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.

All my life had been leading to this moment. Every lover and moment of doubt had helped to create this moment. The moment when I felt like I couldn't breathe. The moment where I had to hold back tears of happiness. The moment where my vows to her felt like they didn't express how deep my feelings were for her.

It was the day of my wedding to Emilia and I couldn't be happier for it. We had both finished saying our vows and putting the rings onto the other's finger. She was wearing a lovely white dress that both showed off her **** and covered them up. Both decent and erotic at the same time. It would be a fun night after the festivities had ended. More than fun, if I was being honest.

I was wearing the best tuxedo I could find. It did nothing to show off my body like Emilia's dress did for hers. Though how she was looking at me, our opinions differed greatly on the matter. That was an argument she could win today. Her smile deepened further as I pulled the veil from over her head. It took all my strength not to embrace her like I wanted to.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest said.

So I did. My lips pressed deeply on Emilia's. Like me she wanted to go further but there was a wedding to attend. So all we could do was express our passion and commitment in our kisses. Making a move I was sure wasn't smart, I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her tightly against me. She, in turn, wrapped her arms around my neck.

Only now did I hear the cheering of the people in attendance. I chuckled as I stopped kissing Emilia. We stepped back from each other and looked into each other's eyes. She was more than happy and I was the same. Before I met Emilia it would never have occurred to me to marry someone. It would never have occurred to me how freeing marrying someone could feel.

Because I couldn't keep looking at her, I turned to the crowd of smiling faces. Everyone looked happy as if there couldn't be a moment happier than this one. They were happy for Emilia and myself. They were sharing in our joy and that made me even happier.

The slight breeze was one of the only signs the wedding was being held outside. We had both decided that holding it outside would be best so we were standing underneath a tree while the others had been sitting in lawn chairs. Emilia and myself had also decided to hold the wedding at a house in France I had nearly forgotten about. So when facing the guests we also looked at the quaint house surrounded by tables where dinner would be held. To the right of the house was a bar so no one had to be sober.

I took my wife's hand and let my gaze linger for a short time on her belly. Since she wasn't far into her pregnancy the bulge was slight enough that not many would be able to notice. While tight, her dress was still loose enough so the small bulge was nearly invisible. Not only was I a husband, but I'd also be a father soon. Before her I'd be afraid to be a parent but not now. Whatever happened we would have each other. Through thick and thin we'd have each other.

We walked down the aisle as people took pictures. It had taken a lot of effort but we had kept the exact date, time, and place of our wedding a secret. So every picture would be taken by our friends and family. Emilia's mother had tears streaming down her face to the point I didn't expect any of her pictures to be clear.

I waved when it was appropriate to do so. All I wanted to do was wave and shout so I could express the love I felt deep in my heart. A few of our co-stars from Game of Thrones were spread throughout the crowd. While I was glad the show was over, especially after the final season, it hurt knowing I wouldn't see many of them for some time after today.

Emilia and myself were stopped on our way to the house so a dance floor could be erected. Some of the band started walking across the lawn to get themselves situated. Today would be a day and night to remember. We would all celebrate the joy I was feeling with Emilia by my side. My wife.

"This is perfect, Iain." Emilia said and looked up at the sky.

"I'm glad you like it, Emilia." I replied and tried to find even one cloud in the sky.

"Maybe we could move here."

"It's much easier on the eyes than my other house, isn't it?"

"Very much so."

"I knew you could do it." Peter said and shook my hand.

We would have to find a project to work on in the future. It would be good to hear his humor day after day of filming. It would be good to have his support on a weekly basis. But at least he was getting some good roles. It wasn't everyone who could land a role in a Marvel movie.

"I'm glad you came, Peter." I said.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." He replied. "Now if that bar isn't good...maybe I did waste my time."

"I tasted some of the drinks myself yesterday."

"And you don't have a hangover?"

"Maybe I will after today."

"Let's hope the wedding gets that good."

All three of us laughed. I did hope that the wedding had everyone reveling in the mere joy of existence. But at the same time it wouldn't be good if some big fight or incident happened. It would both ruin my wife's special day and cause our wedding to become a spectacle for the world. While I wished no one ill will today, I also would be extremely angry if anyone ruined all the effort that had been taken to keep this wedding quiet.

"Hey, do you mind if I get a couple of pictures before you go to your guests?" The photographer asked with a smile on her face. "I'm sorry, but you can't be in these pictures. But I'll be taking a lot of photos during the reception."

"No problem." Peter replied with a wink. "I do have my own wife to look after tonight. Don't want her to have too much fun after all."

"Don't get too crazy." Emilia said with a laugh.

"I would never dream of it."

All three of us laughed and waved at Peter before turning back to the photographer. She looked both young and extremely experienced at her job. An assistant came up behind her to provide a tripod. She looked at us and the rest of the yard as if trying to figure out the best shots to take. Though she shouldn't worry as Emilia had never taken a bad picture.

It was hard to remain quiet as all I wanted to do was talk. I wanted to talk about everything. Today was such a joyous occasion any inhibitions had already left my body. Or, at least, that is what it felt like. In truth I was standing calmly beside my wife and waiting patiently for the photographer to get set up. Maybe there were still more than a few inhibitions the oncoming alcohol could take care of.

"Can you believe some people don't hire an actual band?" Emilia asked playfully.

"Well, once you're drunk enough there isn't much difference." I replied. "I assume that near the end of the night the band will lower in quality and only the sober will notice."

"I am one of the sober."

"Are you ready?" The photographer asked and I could see she had everything set up.

I nodded. The next few minutes were made up of her ordering us exactly where to stand. When she was satisfied she ordered us to embrace each other in a specific way. I put my hands on Emilia's hips and she put her arms around my neck. Suddenly we started laughing. This felt so much like just another television episode or movie. It hardly felt like a wedding.

"I guess Jorah married Dany after all." I managed to say in the middle of laughing.

"Sorry." Emilia said to the photographer. "We'll do better."

"I understand." The photographer replied with the hint of a frown. "This is your big day. Of course you have trouble handling your emotions."

Somehow Emilia and myself were able to control ourselves long enough for the photographer to take a few pictures of us. Emilia looked more than perfect as if an angel were before me and not a mere woman. It could be that I was so lost looking at her that I was able to stand still just long enough. This was the happiest day of my life and it was all possible because Emilia loved me. I loved her with every ounce of my being and I knew she felt the same way.

"Are you up for some kissing?" The photographer asked and clapped. "Nothing too heavy, though. I want it to be something you can share with your parents. We don't need to know what happens in the bedroom."

"What about the kitchen?" Emilia chuckled.

"Or the backyard?" I laughed.

"Or the shower?"

"You know what I meant." The photographer said with a grin that did not reach her eyes.

This was just a job to her. While I was getting lost in my emotions, she had a paycheck to think about. It could be that her last job had been with someone rude or she didn't feel that the money was worth it. Okay, Iain, behave for her. Make her day enjoyable so that this day would also be one of the happiest moments of her life.

"We do." Emilia said with a nod. "Chaste kissing. I think I still remember how to do that."

"I remember all kinds of ways to kiss." I replied.

I leaned down to reach her mouth and barely pressed my lips against hers. It took all my concentration not to start kissing her. She was more than beautiful and later tonight I would ravish her body to the point neither of us would move for weeks afterwards. Just a few hours. Just a few more hours and there wouldn't be anyone but ourselves to worry about.

"Perfect!" The photographer said with an excited shout.

After that she took a few more pictures of Emilia and myself. One was of Emilia in my arms as if I was taking her across the threshold. She held out her bouquet and I was afraid for a moment that she would throw it. Both of us were so excited that anything was possible. Even things we wouldn't do on a normal day.

Another had me standing next to her with an arm around her shoulders. She was beautiful especially her ****. Then, of course, there was the child inside of her. We had decided to take the plunge into not just marriage but parenthood. She was a special woman and would be an excellent mother.

"That's it for now." The photographer said. "The next series of photos will feel more natural. No more posing."

"That'll be easier on you and us." Emilia replied. "Plus I would hate for you to try to pose this man once he's used the bar."

"I'm going to trust you to keep a handle on him."

"I will."

We started to join everyone. For the photographer's sake I wouldn't drink as much as I wanted to. Plus as the groom it wouldn't do for me to be the one to cause an incident. If anyone was going to cause everyone to have a bad time it should be one of the guests. Though it would be horrible if Emilia's day was ruined.
* * *
"I'm going to look horrible next to you." I said soft enough that only Emilia could hear me.

"I don't think you will." She replied as we made our way to the dance floor.

I wouldn't be afraid about dancing in public but this was the first dance. Everyone would be looking to us to either mess up in a spectacular manner or perform like no one else. There was no middle ground in this.

"You're young." I said.

"And you dance like you're younger than me." Emilia reassured me. "Do you think I'd marry someone who was on their deathbed?"

"Maybe."

My wife jabbed me with her elbow. We both had to hold back a chuckle as we were now in the center of the dance floor. The band was in the back on a small platform of their own. Tables lined the other three sides of the area. Everyone that had a table near the dance floor was watching the moment with their cameras.

I walked a few feet away from Emilia as our song started to play. I had wanted a David Bowie song but the love of my life wanted something a little more recent. Because this day wasn't about me but her, we both agreed on a song that had been released in the last three years. Not that I could remember the name of the song. All I remembered was the dance that went along with it.

As the song continued I didn't focus too much on the music but on the smile Emilia was wearing. Suddenly I couldn't stop myself from laughing as we continued our dance. It seemed we must have been doing good as everyone was clapping.
* * *
"This is amazing." Emilia said. "I don't know how today will get any better."

"Oh, I'll be sure to show you how." I replied with a wink.

Everyone had spent a little time dancing before sitting down for the first course. A first course that was still around thirty minutes away. There was only so much appetizers and alcohol I could drink to distract myself. The only reason I wouldn't complain, though Emilia seemed very aware my hunger was getting to me, is that the food was from the best cook in the area. It would be rude to complain about that kind of quality.

"I really wish Rose and Kit were here." Emilia mused. "It would've been fun with them."

"Yeah, have a wedding made up of only our co-workers." I replied.

"You know you wanted all of our guests to be our co-workers."

"You know me too well."

"I know you more than I ever wanted to."

Emilia leaned forward and so I kissed her. Her lips, as always, were a joy to kiss. It would be great later to feel all the gifts her body offered me. She was a great person and she was also extremely sensual when she wanted to be. Our wedding night would be something to remember. It wouldn't be one of the many stories we'd tell our children.

"I really love how your mind works." Emilia said and took a sip of her water.

"Are you referring to our former employers not being here?" I asked with a grin.

"Why yes I am. Your quick thinking saved us from having to endure them. You manipulated events and their emotions so that they had no choice but to stay away from here."

"What can I say?"

We both laughed. Dave and Dan weren't coming for reasons other than I had somehow manipulated events. The truth of the matter is we just didn't invite them. It wasn't because they utterly destroyed every character in the final season. It was just because they weren't our close friends. They were our bosses. Now that we weren't currently working with them, we wouldn't talk with them.

"I love you, Iain." Emilia said.

"I love you too, Emilia." I replied and we kissed lightly.

As everyone started cheering I could see the servers walking around. The scent of the food assaulted my senses and I started clapping. Emilia rolled her eyes at me. Some servers came and served us our meal consisting of steak, mashed potatoes, and greens beans.

"The first meal you made me." Emilia said with a grin. "So this is why you were hiding it from me."

"Our first meal as husband and wife." I replied. "And, yeah, I didn't want to ruin this surprise."
* * *
I was full from the five course meal. Each dish had been prepared expertly. The only downside was that the sun had set two hours ago. Luckily people were kept hungry by dancing. Sometimes in very lewd ways spurned on by the drinking going on.

"I don't think I can eat another bite." I said as I followed Emilia.

"We have to eat the cake." Emilia replied. "Find some room."

The cake had been one of her major decisions of the wedding. It had been gorgeous when designing it. It had seemed delicious when my belly hadn't been full. She was right that we couldn't have a wedding and not eat cake.

We stood in front of it and I thought about just spending a few hours looking at it. It was a vanilla cake with around three or four layers to it. Instead of the usual bride and groom, the groom had the symbol of House Mormont on his chest and the bride had the symbol of House Targaryen on her chest. Game of Thrones had brought us together and it was good to remember that tonight.

"I almost don't want to cut it." I said. "It's too beautiful."

Emilia started to cut the cake and I grew worried. She was happy but also planning something. If I were a wiser man then I would run far away from here. But, hey, I wasn't the most intelligent person on the planet.

"Iain," Emilia said. "I'm having trouble."

Here it was. I bent down and with one swift motion Emilia took a large piece of cake and smashed it on my face. We burst out laughing and I hugged her tightly. We didn't care how messy we were being.

We just cared that we would be there for each other. Until death do us part.

No comments:

Post a Comment