Wednesday, November 27, 2019

At First Love Chapter 21: A Call for Free Time

This is a Real Person Fanfiction. In this fanfiction Iain Glen has never been married.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.

I tossed the script down in front of Emilia. She had her arms crossed over her chest as I let out a sigh. The sixth season of Game of Thrones would have us spending even less time together. Jorah would go with Daario to rescue Dany. After the rescue Dany would send Jorah to find a cure for his greyscale.

"This is ********." I hissed. "It's like after Season Four I don't exist."

I didn't like spending any amount of time away from my love. I wanted to work with her more on Game of Thrones so we could spend even more time together. The two of us were usually separated because I was always in the middle of a project or two.
"There is a line that Daenerys says that she is thinking of marrying Jorah." Emilia said dryly. "Talking about the Iron Throne and having a man be by her side hardly sounds like something she would say to a friend. That any woman would say on this show would say to a friend."

"I am very sure that the line will be remembered come Season Seven." I replied just as dryly. "This is the foreshadowing we have been waiting for."

"Which I'm sure the showrunners will forget about come Season Seven. The ship isn't popular enough for the show to risk it as there might be a dip in viewers. Which is insane as even a slight drop in viewers will still be much more than many other shows."

"Do you want me to get the wine? Lord knows I need some right now."

"You have to admit it's not the worst script you've read."

"Love, if the show gets lower than not having us kiss onscreen I'd want to die in the most brutal manner possible."

In a show like Game of Thrones that was possible. As I poured us both glasses of wine, I thought about all the horrible ways the show had killed off characters. Playing Jorah I had had to act out scenes where a man had been killed by burning gold and innocent children had been crucified. Dany returning that favor was a haunting moment, but a fair one at that. In that moment she walked the line between cruelty and justice, just like many characters had. I sided with Jorah in thinking Dany would side with justice in the end.

"At least you get some memorable lines this season." I said and handed her a glass of wine.

"You're glad for me but that doesn't really make you happy." Emilia replied as we both started to drink.

"It does make me happy to see you succeed."

"Then why are we drinking wine at noon?"

"You're not fully happy about your part this season or else you wouldn't be drinking."

"I'm just worried that they're going to waste the relationship between Jorah and Dany. Plus new hate we'll be getting because I'm still dating you."

It was easy to be strong when the rumor mill wasn't churning out hate. It was easy to be strong when we were out of the public eye. But it wouldn't be so easy once filming started and various rumors began to form. At one time Emilia had thought of leaving me because the stress had become so great for her. What if that happened again? What if her decision was permanent this time? Her presence was now so common that I didn't want to lose it.

"No matter what happens on screen, we'll still be in love." I reassured her. "That won't ever change. I promise."

"I know, but it would be nice to show people why I love you." Emilia replied.

"Even if Jorah and Dany had the most romantic scene, there would be people up in arms about it. They would talk about how it was bad writing and doesn't actually count as 'canon'. There's no way to prove to others that we are in love with each other."

"I wish there was. Things would be so much easier."

I gently kissed my love on the lips and felt her calming down. Only one of us should be stressed, not both. But at least we had each other when the rumors started up again. At least when both of us were sad, we'd always have the other to hold us up. Before Emilia I had never experienced the trust that love brought.

"You've heard about the rumors of Jon and Daenerys getting together?" Emilia asked and held her wine glass tightly. "I am not doing an incest relationship. I will fight tooth and nail."

"There's only so much you can fight showrunners on." I replied sadly. "Though maybe you can fight to make sure any romantic scenes aren't that long or intense. Even if it ruins Jon and Dany's first sex scene. Hopefully the last."
"Just the fact that people are cheering me on to do an incest sex scene is disturbing enough. Maybe if I wasn't playing Daenerys, I could see the appeal of the relationship. Imagine hanging out with Kit and Rose after having filmed. ****, after having both read the scripts."

"At least we won't have to worry about his reaction until the script reading."

"That will be another season and give me more time to think about what I'll be acting. Maybe I can act like a zombie and people will still buy into their relationship."

"I love how your diabolical mind works."

We clinked our glasses together and set them on the table. A smile graced my face as I thought of Emilia's plan working. People could misunderstand a character to the point of insanity. No matter how many times Jorah saved and helped Dany, there were people out there that would insist Dany could have survived without him. So there would be many people that would insist Dany acting like a zombie when around Jon was an extremely nuanced performance of someone in love.

"How do they even think that Jon and Daenerys will have enough time to become a believable couple?" Emilia asked and finished up her wine. "They'll have maybe one season to make viewers buy into it. They should make Daenerys stay single or end up with Jorah. There just isn't enough time for her to **** someone else."

"If they pace it right then the relationship could work." I replied. "Give Jon and Dany a few scenes to build up the relationship. They'll have to make them instantly friends so there will be less emotional barriers to deal with."

Even as I spoke the words I realized how hollow they were. While people praised Game of Thrones for being different than other shows, the truth was that cliches and tropes became popular for a reason. People loved their romances a certain way and maybe not even Game of Thrones would be able to escape that. I did trust that the show would not become mediocre like others. But it might still have enemies to friends because it was so tempting to write.

"You really think the show could pace things so tightly?" Emilia asked. "Dave and Dan aren't idiots, but pacing isn't their strongest suit either. At least in Season Seven I'll be able to start conquering again. That's when Daenerys is in her element."

"I don't know how they'll get more than half a season of Dany conquering Westeros." I replied with a grin. "After learning all she has, I doubt anyone could stand against her."

"But do you think they could show her conquering and give her a good romance with Jon?"

"Conquering and a romance can be paced well enough."

"But the show also has numerous other subplots." Emilia said and put her glass on the table. "Kit and Lena will be part of two big plots. They'd have to be with Lena being queen and Kit being the new king up north."

"You're right, the show will make a mistake by putting Dany and Jon together." I agreed. "They need more seasons to get Dany a romance with a man she's just met."

I didn't want to imagine the rumors if the relationship between Jon and Dany did happen. Many would use it as proof of how much better Kit was for my girlfriend. They would confuse a fictional relationship for one that actually existed. There had been many times that my chemistry with a female co-star was so great that people thought I was ******* her. I had ****** co-stars before, but not in every case. Some of the more popular stories of me hooking up with a woman were false.

"If Dany got with Jorah that would make the most sense." I said. "There has been seasons of buildup for a romance. Dave and Dan would just need to make a tiny change to their relationship."

"Jorah would returned cured and Dany would kiss him." Emilia replied with a coy look in her eyes. "She might even claim him in front of everyone to make sure they knew. They would end up not bowing down to her but to him, because that's how good he'd **** her."

"Should we go over this scene later? I feel you need to explain it better."

"If you're a bad boy, maybe I will."

I laughed. Emilia had a sharp mind and an even sharper wit. She was kind and caring yet extremely sexual.

"Or maybe Jorah should get with Jon." I said with a large grin. "Really surprise people."

"Do you really find Kit that attractive you need an excuse to **** him?" Emilia teased.

"If I did, would that make me a bad boy?"

"Only if I was the reason you realized you were gay."

"Hmm..."
She slapped me on the arm and I pretended to be seriously injured. I took the act so far I fell on the floor. Of course she just looked down at me without ever thinking of helping me up. The fear of me dying had eased within the last few weeks. Finally we could have a normal day without either of us worrying that it would be my last.

"Get up, Iain." Emilia said and barely controlled herself from laughing.

"I can't, you were too strong." I replied in mock anguish. "You need to control your strength."

"If you don't get up now my mouth will never go around your **** ever again."

In nearly the blink of an eye I was sitting on my chair once again.

"You know what I just figured out?" Emilia asked.

"What?" I replied, hoping I had gotten up quickly enough for my love.

"The only reason that you got a part in the Resident Evil movies is because they needed eye candy for the ladies."

"I am sure I got hired because of my talents."

"Why don't we watch one of them later and I'll show you how wrong you are."

"No one hires me because I'm eye candy for the ladies. I'm afraid no one has that refined of a palate."

Emilia took my face in her hands. On her face I saw the same smile that was on mine. All of my emotions were reflected in her. Maybe we truly were one soul in two bodies. Maybe I had found my soulmate. The only woman that I had ever loved. I didn't want to love anyone else after knowing her. She was the only thing in my life that truly mattered.

After we had fully pleasured the other I continued to sit on my chair and Emilia got up.

"We'll have later, at least." I said with a smile as she got off of me.

Suddenly a great look of sadness overtook Emilia's features and she got dressed quickly. I stayed still and waited for her to tell me what was wrong. It couldn't be that the sex was lackluster, her body more than enjoyed what I could do to it. Was she breaking up with me? Was I not fulfilling her emotionally as I should? Was I being a horrible boyfriend? My mind went over everything I could have done wrong.

"I should go, I think this is as long as a girlfriend should stay over." Emilia said softly. "We don't want to start to think of this relationship as more serious than it is."

"I thought this relationship was very serious." I replied and tried to keep the sadness out of my voice. "I am sorry that I misread this situation."

"You really love me? Even after all this time? Isn't there a part of you that wants to move on to the next conquest? I love you, but I don't want to hold you back from what you really are."
Emilia had stayed with me at the hospital even though she didn't know if I'd stay by her side. She was so strong to battle her every doubts, yet she was weak like everyone else. I went each day thinking I wasn't good enough for her and she thought I'd abandon her.

I stood up and took her hands in mine. I squeezed them and a tear went down her cheek when she looked in my eyes. She must see all the love I ever had for her and the love I would have for her far into the future.

"Emilia, I love you more than words can say." I told her. "I want you for as long as you'll have me. Make the move permanent if you want because I never want you to leave my side ever again. What conquest could ever be worthwhile after you?"

"Thank you, Iain." She said and we kissed deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment