Thursday, March 15, 2018

Crossing the Divide 89

This is a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil crossover fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders. For Resident Evil I'm referring to the movieverse.

This chapter has been edited due to content. I have made small edits throughout the chapter. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.

Inside the helicopter there was silence. Pure silence only broken by the sound of the engines, propellers and breathing. Good-byes had been quickly given before those fighting had left for the final mission. The helicopter I was in was one of many. We would be approaching from many directions as Alice and Umbrella’s fighting had gotten to its peak. There would be ground support as well as fighter jets to help with the fight.

I turned to Khaleesi and we shared a smile. She had been with me at the start of this journey and she would be with me at the end. The other Alice was in a different helicopter as was Sam. I would be leading the charge as was proper for a leader. It was also something I more than wanted to do as I needed vengeance. The darkness in me had been able to be kept at bay but it still needed to be fed.

The helicopter rocked and it was as if I could see the battle below and around us. This silence would be broken soon as we would attack our enemies. Our enemies who would be currently too caught up in their own battle to fully focus on us. And when they could focus on us it would be too late. It would be far too late for either mercy or safety.

“Isaacs, we are here.” The pilot said over the radio in High Valyrian. “Permission to find a landing spot to deploy.”

“Permission granted.” I replied in the same language. “Do not wait for all of us to get off if it endangers your safety.”

“Copy.”

The air was tense before we landed. I went over every possible outcome in my head yet again. I even played with the idea of failure. Of fighting this long fight only to lose. Maybe all three sides would fall today leaving the world to carry on. With or without humans. Khaleesi gave me a smile and I nodded back.
The moment the door opened I jumped out with my old friend by my side. It was as if fire was falling from the skies. It was as if I was in a hell that I could never get out of. I lead my men through the forest of burning trees. Most of the forest had already been gone by the time we landed. But there were still trees and they still burned.

I saw two Alice clones fighting with a group of Umbrella soldiers. With a signal to Khaleesi we disabled the Alice clones. We broke some of their bones and the Umbrella soldiers went in for the kill not realizing that another enemy had come onto the battlefield. My men easily disposed of the enemy and we quickly continued to our main goal. While we would focus on killing any enemies outside, our main focus was to attack this version of the Hive.

We made our way to one of the entrances and I could see a few dead zombies.

“I guess we don’t have to worry about them anymore.” Khaleesi stated.

“Probably not, but we must be careful.” I told her. “There might be a few in the Hive waiting for us. We can’t afford to be careless here.”

The entrance was dark and lit only by a few flickering lights. We walked over dead bodies as we watched out for any new enemies. From the looks of things the main battle had already taken place with no survivors. I had never personally met Wesker so I didn’t know his scent. I couldn’t tell his scent from anyone else and currently there were a lot of people around. However, I did sense something in what would be the center of the Hive.

I gave Khaleesi a signal and she passed it on to everyone else. We made our way to the center of the Hive. Finally we reached the entrance to a room that had a bunch of dead Alice clones. I signaled for my men to stay put and nodded at my friend. Whatever was in here would require fire power and backup. Khaleesi and myself were the most powerful while my men would be the backup.

Khaleesi gingerly pushed the door open and I held my gun to provide her cover if need be. The sight that greeted us was terrifying and refreshing all at once. Wesker held Alice up with one hand. She tried to scream but no sound came out. I would have been glad about this if it was me killing her. If it was me being the one to see the life leave her eyes. Her death also wasn’t pleasing as it meant we had to fight Wesker and he didn’t look tired.

Alice tried to scream for a few more minutes before her body gave up. Wesker tossed her lifeless body to the ground and looked at us. I smelled him and knew he wasn’t human, at least not fully. He wasn’t a full Tyrant and yet parts of that being were in him. He would be more than dangerous.

“The rogue Doctor Rin Isaacs.” Wesker said and sat on a chair in the center of the pure white room. “You have put up quite the chase. For that I must congratulate you. And yet in the end it means nothing. Your rebellion ends here and now.”

“No, it doesn’t.” I replied. “It does not end here, your reign does. I have worked on tearing every facet of your corporation away and you are the final piece.”

“Do you really expect a peaceful world after you’re through? How long do you think the peace will hold?”

Wesker sat in the chair as if he knew he was going to win. A very expensive chair that was made of oak and had red cushions on it. He looked at me and then Khaleesi. His speech and gestures were to make me feel like I would lose. They were made to make me lose control and act foolish. I had no doubt that Alice had felt overly confident just to die in his hand. I would not make her mistake.

“The peace will hold long enough for the world to be rebuilt.” Khaleesi replied calmly. “The Mormonts did not set out to make a perfect society but one to take over the old world. To take the ashes of the world you ruined and create a better one.”

“There will be wars, of that I have no doubt.” I continued. “But the world will not be apocalyptic when the feudings of humans begin again. As with all societies, the Mormonts will change and become a mockery of what I built. I will become a legend changed to suit the goings on of the current day. I know what will happen as history is but a circle.”

“Then why not just let the world fall into ruin?” Wesker asked. “Why try to improve it? Just accept it as it is.”

“The world won’t be able to support humans if your reign continues.”
Wesker stood up and started to walk to me. His footsteps hard enough to make the walls around us echo with the sound. He took his time walking as if he had all the time in the world. If he walked fast or slow the outcome would be the same. His enemies would be dead and he would continue his reign of terror. Once he was a few feet in front of us he looked at Khaleesi. He smirked. He turned his head to indicate Alice’s dead body.

“I’ve already killed one of you today.” He said with a smile. “I will kill another and another until you clones are all dead. I allowed Doctor Isaacs his games and that was a mistake. Clones are interesting but he gave them too much intelligence.”

Wesker had used Alex’s cloning technology. He had manipulated clones into doing vast amounts of damage. Or at least that had been his intention. I had caught his scheme early on and managed to stop that weapon of the Umbrella Corporation. He and my late husband might have had different ideas on cloning, but they had both agreed it was useful.

“I have been trained by Rin Isaacs herself.” Khaleesi replied. “You will find me a harder opponent than Alice. A much harder opponent.”

“No, you will be the same.” Wesker said with a laugh. “You clones are limited in what you can and can’t do. You think you have more freedom than is actually possible. You are constrained by your genes.”

“My blood gives me some help in achieving things, but it is my choices that make me who I am.”

Wesker laughed and then the battle begin. His focus was on my dear friend which allowed me to surprise him. At least to a point. We both started shooting at him as physical contact was something that would be used as a last resort. He used his psychic abilities to fling the bullets away so nearly all missed him. Nearly all.

“Ah.” Wesker groaned as a bullet tore through his arm.

Even as the blood poured down he came toward my daughter. Faster and faster it seemed. With my own abilities I held my gun steady as he used his mind to try and push it away. Khaleesi wasn’t so lucky. I could tell that she hadn’t given up easily by the way her face scrunched up and how her gun cut into her hands as it was flung away. She grabbed a dagger at her belt and ran at Wesker.

Two balls of energy, invisible to the human eye, smashed into one another moments before the two humans made contact. The balls made a crackling sound as they moved through the air and then were silent. When they collided there was a sense of extreme heat. I shot at Wesker as Khaleesi fought with her dagger. The man laughed as each attack was ineffective. Khaleesi got the upper hand for just a moment causing the man to crash onto the floor.

My friend breathed hard. My gun had run out of bullets so I dropped it and started to walk over to my friend. We would finish thi-

Wesker had waited until Khaleesi was close enough to make his move. He kicked the dagger out of her hand and knocked her to the ground. Just as I sent a blast of wind his way he pushed a foot into her chest. The wind blew him away but it was too late.

I raced to her side while still being alert for Wesker. Hopefully he would allow me this moment if only so he could gloat. Her eyes looked up at me and smiled. I remembered so long ago when I had saved her life. She had originally been created by Alex for me to hunt for sport. For me to have fun while trapped in the Umbrella base. Khaleesi had become so much more than that. So much more than I could have imagined. She had created stability in the Mormonts and had been a shoulder for me to cry on. She had been a voice of reason.

“My daughter.” I said as I placed a hand on her chest. “Khaleesi the name of my would-be daughter. Khaleesi one of the titles of the queen I once served. Khaleesi the woman this world will remember long after you’re gone.”

“I don’t care about that.” Khaleesi said weakly. “I just…I care about you. I…did I make you proud, Rin?”

“Yes, you did.”

“Say good-bye to Hail and Robert for me.”

I was about to nod when Wesker came towards me. I walked back a few feet and watched him closely. He smirked at Khaleesi and stepped on her neck as he made his way to me. I pushed away all emotions from my mind as they would only hinder my fight. I had to struggle to push away my feelings towards Khaleesi as those were starting to tear me apart. They would destroy me if I let them. In a few seconds I was calm and collected. I was a worthy predator.

“That was touching.” Wesker said. “You won’t be able to say good-bye to Hail or Robert. I hope they weren’t too important to her.”
I didn’t allow him to continue. I rushed at him allowing fire to consume my skin. It did not burn me even as my clothing started to burn away. Wesker tried to put the fire out with his powers but he couldn’t. He lessened the heat but not by much. I ran at him as if to hug him. He turned away at the last second and a rope of fire latched onto his leg. He cried out.

Wesker managed to escape with charred skin. Part of his skin had turned to ash and floated away in the air. The ash drifted on a breeze I could not see. Even though this must have hurt him greatly he stood up. He pushed through all the agony and showed no signs of stopping. He raced at me again and was fast even though he had to limp along. I was able to dodge his body but not his mind.

I staggered as it felt as if something had hit my head. While part of my mind reeled at the pain, another part kicked his side. The part of my mind that was ready to fight did so as the other part slowly came to. It felt as if I woke to the smell of a pyre with the way he smelled. But he didn’t care about the pain as he probably thought he could heal himself afterwards.

Suddenly sprinklers came on and I had to stop from laughing. The fire I was using was dragonfire, something that couldn’t be stopped by mere water. I thought if I pulled his sunglasses off that his eyes would be open in shock. Though I could still fight with fire, I decided ice would be more effective. The fire around me stopped and Wesker must have thought the sprinklers had worked on me.

“For all your talk you are nothing.” Wesker teased me. “For all your powers you are nothing. Sprinklers defeated you?”

I looked at him and saw how wet he had already gotten. It was enough for what I needed. However, a person in shock would be easier to take down. I needed to make him believe that he had defeated me. So I fought him like a human. His skin was falling off with each punch and kick, yet that didn’t stop him. He was using tyrant blood which would make him indifferent to some pain. But just because one is unable to feel pain doesn’t mean injury will never happen.

He kicked at my legs and I jumped up while pushing away his psychic attack. I landed and kicked at his hip. He dodged it and attempted to punch my neck. That worked and I went on the ground. I rolled away as he attempted to smash my head in with his foot. Just like with Khaleesi’s chest. I could feel the wind from Wesker’s attempt at murdering me.

“Doctor Isaacs told me you had great powers.” Wesker said. “I am disappointed.”

He lifted his leg to slam it down on me. I kicked the leg he kept planted and watched him fall down. I jumped on him in the same manner that I would make love to my husbands. We tossed and turned as each of us fought to stay on top. As we did this Wesker tried to shove me away with his mind. This did not work as I was able to easily avoid the attacks.

Finally I was on top with the sprinklers still pouring down water for the fire that had been me. I waited a few minutes until I was sure that he would not be moving away in time. I also waited to see that the Red Queen would not attack. If she did then there could be problems. But the dead Alice’s team should’ve disabled the AI as we had made the idea very enticing to her.

“You wanted to see my powers?” I asked Wesker. “I have powers from my ancestors and from my own doing.”

My skin became pale white like ice and my hair lost all its color as it blew in an invisible wind. I used my powers to push off his glasses and saw his eyes full of fear. I hadn’t killed Alice and got my revenge, but at least I saw Wesker in fear. Wesker who had caused all of this chaos and death. Wesker who had tried to doom humanity. I didn’t want to hear his reasoning as it didn’t matter to me. Billions had died all because he had decided to play god with things humans had no right to mess with. Wesker had allowed people like Alex to design horrific experiments. Wesker had been the reason Alex had decided to toy with Alice. The reason any of this horror had taken place.

“Sometimes we don’t get what we want, Wesker, and we have to deal with that.” I told him. “I won’t be able to get the revenge I crave but at least I will destroy the Umbrella Corporation.”

Water dripped off me and turned to ice. At first it was only the water that fell onto me and then all the water in the room started to freeze. The sprinklers stopped as water froze over them. Wesker slowly started to freeze and was unable to do anything. He just looked at me in shock as the ice covered everything but me. I stood up and gave Wesker and Alice a final glance before going to Khaleesi.

I picked up her body and walked to the door. My men were there and they said nothing. As we walked I was told that there were no other enemies. I barely heard myself ask to go to the communications room. All I knew was that suddenly I was in one and had been told how to operate it. A few Umbrella people stood back in fear as they knew the war was over.

“This is Doctor Rin Isaacs.” I said over a few frequencies at once. “I am the leader of the Mormonts. I am the wife of Doctor Alexander Isaacs and one of his clones. I have slowly built my organization up to do what was accomplished today. Albert Wesker is dead and those of the Umbrella Corporation must step down. You do this and I will show you mercy. Alice is dead. She died fighting Wesker. Those on her side I will show the same respect as those in Umbrella, though I wonder why I should.”
I looked around the room with eyes that were now focused. My men stood proudly and those working for Umbrella were still afraid. Like a direwolf I would not take prey for sport. I would only take prey that served a purpose. Killing anyone who wasn’t attacking was hunting for sport. The memory of the Alice clone’s taste in my mouth nearly made me gag. But I stood strong because that is what my men needed.

“Myself and my organization had goals beyond curing the t-virus.” I continued. “The final cure for that virus is being released now through the air. Some of our allies have improved it so no manual injections are needed. The Mormonts have also achieved another of their goals by making a society. I could have ended this awhile back but I needed to be sure a society was there. A society to hold up the survivors so they wouldn’t be lost. The final goal is to rebuild.”

I paused to let everyone take the words in. I could imagine some would still be fighting and would need a moment to pause long enough to listen. During the pause I thought about Khaleesi and let all the pain enter me. Tears started to form and I wiped them away. Those would have to wait. For now I thought about meeting her and how she hadn’t abandoned me when I told her the truth. She was one of my oldest friends here and I hadn’t been able to save her. Just like I hadn’t been able to save most of my children.

“Now is the time to ignore boundaries.” I continued not letting anguish into my voice. “Now is the time to ignore ideologies. For now is the time we rebuild. Now is the time we make the world livable again. Now is the time when humans will take their rightful place back from the undead. Those who don’t want to join the Mormonts need not worry, all we ask is that you work with us. That you follow our lead. Once the world is made anew then the Mormonts will fade into the background until such a time as we are needed again. We will give you two hours to make your choice.”

I turned off the radio and sat back in my seat. I felt the weight of all I had done. It hadn’t occurred to me until this moment the magnitude of all I had sacrificed. How many lives I had saved. Everything felt like it held more importance now that it was over. Maybe it was only right that I should be praised for accomplishing so much.

“Thank you, Isaacs.” One of my men said. “I have been honored fighting alongside you. It does not seem right that I should be next to you as you declare the war over. I promise not to disappoint you in the coming years.”

“I know you won’t fail.” I told him. “I know you will only do your best.”

I blinked.

I called Alexander to me using my powers just as my wrist healed. The moment my ancestral sword entered my hands the Night’s King swung down. I gritted my teeth as the impact was powerful. From the being’s expression I could tell that my move had surprised him.

I was able to call on enough of my power to push him away. I stood up and heard the chaos increase. The other dragons had come and I heard the sound of wolves. Both direwolves and the smaller variety. Rhaegal appeared behind all of them and I could tell he was crying out for Jon. When my husband had been captured he must not been on his mount.


Now as Rhaegal called out for Jon I faced the Night’s King.

No comments:

Post a Comment