Friday, October 13, 2017

After the Snow Has Fallen

"I loved Khal Drogo." Daenerys said softly. "He raped me and loved me. I loved him. I was his sun and stars. He was the first truly thing good in my life. The first time I tasted something other than the cruelty of my brother. Ever since I helped kill him I've been running. I ran into the arms of Daario because he was fun and not because he was worthy of my love. I didn't realize I had used him until I left him. I didn't realize I was running when I fell into Jon's arms. Jorah, I've been running away from you ever since Drogo died. You're my love and yet I was in too much pain to notice."

She had admitted she loved me and yet she was in so much pain. I didn't know what to feel. I wanted to feel happy but that feeling was tinged with guilt. Guilt that made me feel horrible for feeling so good about the news.

"I know loving someone, truly loving some, involves risks." Daenerys continued. "With Drogo it involved my heart breaking. If I fall in love with you, Jorah, my heart might break."

"I would never abandon your side." I insisted. "You don't have to worry about me leaving you."

"Drogo didn't abandon my side. He was dying and I had to kill him. You might die in the wars to come and my heart will break. It will crumble so much that I won't be able to feel much after that. But if that is to happen, I want it. Because the sweetest thing I can think of is to have my heart broken by you, my sweet bear."

-This is a Mature Story
-It's a Game of Thrones Fic
-It's a Jorah Mormont Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment