Saturday, October 28, 2017

A Marriage of Convenience 1

My ancestors had conquered the Seven Kingdoms and created the Iron Throne. Aegon had been able to make Westeros his new home, a home that he ruled. It had seemed that he had conquered this land so easily in the stories I had heard since I was a child. Ever since I had walked out unburnt it had seemed it was my destiny to repeat his conquest. Like him I had three dragons and the drive to rule.

But now...there had been so many losses. I liked to blame anyone else but myself as that made it easier for me to sleep. It allowed me to think of myself as the queen that was destined for greatness. It allowed me to think of myself as having no flaws, no matter what the truth was. It allowed me a sense of peace. A sense of clarity in these hard times.

I was in the Chamber of the Painted Table to calm my mind. Everything looked more peaceful here. On this table the losses didn't have the same effect on me. The losses of House Greyjoy and Dorne was less damaging here. The losses still made an impact but it didn't have the same feeling. Here I could pretend that my story had already been told and that it had been a great victory.

The night was chilly and I wondered if that was winter. Winter was here in Westeros and soon enough the ground would be covered in snow. I wanted to get the Iron Throne before that happened. All my life I had lived in such warm environments that the thought of cold frightened me. At least I didn't have to worry about Jon Snow for the moment. I had taken Tyrion's advice and allowed the bastard to mine for dragonglass. A bastard who was much better looking than he had any right to be.

"Daenerys, you seem to be up a little late." Tyrion said as he walked in.

"I'm planning." I replied. "I am not going to lose again."

"Your plan involves using Drogon and the Dothraki to take out part of the Lannister army. Excuse me if I don't think you need to do any serious planning tonight."

-This is a Mature Story
-It's a Game of Thrones Fic
-It's a Daenerys Targaryen Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment