Sunday, February 26, 2017

Crossing the Divide 40

"What shall be her name?" The Rasiki asked with a smile on her face.

I had provided my House with good fortune this night. Now there were two more members of my line instead of just one. I had done well and had to think of a special name for this twin. I could name her Hisara after the Kaari ruler who had discovered ice dragons. I had her to thank for my own powers, my dragon, and Valonqar. But even though that would make the Rasiki happy I knew there was a different name to be chosen for her. I planned to go back to Daenerys when I could and I needed to send a message. So whatever I named my daughter would have to work for both my former queen and daughter.

"Rhaenys." I replied and there were gasps in the room. "Rhaenys was the only one of Aegon's sister-wives to die while attacking Westeros. When trying to conquer Dorne she found that she wasn't invincible. That revelation was at the cost of her life and her dragon's. I want my daughter's name to be a message for both herself and Daenerys Targaryen. I want both to know that no matter how strong they think they are, they can die. For my daughter it is a life lesson and for the Targaryen it is a warning. If Daenerys goes mad like her father and brother, she won't be able to escape punishment. She won't be able to escape death."

"You could choose an honorable name for that lesson." A Rasiki pointed out, his face fearful.

"I also wish to heal the divide between Kaari and Targaryens. I couldn't do that with a Kaari name."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Daenerys Targaryen Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment