Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Shipping Confessions: Introduction

What I usually keep from my blog is my shipping obsession (my Terminator Fanfic series The Eternal Heart not included). True, I make music videos with different pairings but that's as far as I go (and even then I might not believe in the ships I show).

Now, I know, some of you might be confused by what I mean by shipping. Simply put: it's putting characters in fiction (though there are people who do the same thing to real people) into romantic relationship. Sometimes these pairings/ships are canon and sometimes they aren't. It really doesn't matter which.

It seems that a lot of people look down on us because we appear crazy to them. I hate that I have to keep some of my favorite ships quiet because I want to keep down on the drama. Camerah (Cameron and Sarah Connor from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) being the exception that a lot of people on Twitter know about.

So I'm starting this series merely to come out and to give a different viewpoint of shippers. Without, hopefully, scaring too many of you away. I must say, though, I form most of these ships without looking at fanfictions. This is due to me being extremely picky about what fanfics I read (I'm only following 2-3 fanfics at the moment). Just because a fanfic features a ship I like doesn't mean I'll like the fanfic.

As Shipping is a very broad category, I'm going to set down a few ground rules before I continue with this series:


1.) The ship must be non-canon. This is Shipping CONFESSIONS. So showing ships that are canon seem to defeat the purpose of me embarrassing myself. The only exception being if I feel the majority of people don't think I believe in a canon pairing. This is, of course, leaving myself open to talk about a particular pairing I think some of my Terminator fans might not think I truly believe in.

2.) The ship must be something I truly believe in. So those looking at my music videos to get a sneak peek might not get what they're expecting. When I make music videos I sometimes do them of a pairing because I think it's funny (for various reasons). So this means there will be no Wincest (the pairing between Dean and Sam Winchester from the TV show Supernatural).


This final one isn't a rule as much as a warning: I am a big Terminator fan so a good majority of my ships, in the beginning, will be Terminator ships.

With all that out of the way: next part will be the proper beginning of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment