Monday, August 8, 2011

My Thoughts on the Apollo 18 Official Trailer

Brian told me to look up the trailer for Apollo 18 and I did. So how do I think the movie will turn out?

Apollo 18 seems to be one of many movies following the mockumentary format. I have seen The Blair Witch Project (extremely boring until the very end) and Cloverfield (a fun little sci-fi romp). These movies became popular but aren't really good movies.

Apollo 18 being a mockumentary makes it seem like it's following a fad. This fad is probably popular in that it makes you think that what you're seeing is real (which is VERY useful in any medium). Is it a successful fad? It seems to be, so it may get some money because of the genre.

But what about the plot?

Conspiracy Theorists are going to love this one. There was an Apollo mission to the moon that was never publicly disclosed (Apollo 18) and the mission explains why we never went back. If you guessed the reason we never went back is because something spooky is living on the moon: Congratulations! You aren't retarded!

The plot is paper thin at most and will probably turn out like The Blair Witch Project. Do I mean it'll have the success of that movie? No. I mean the movie will probably consist of mostly people acting scared and nothing happening. Since nothing will really happen you'll keep hoping that all the people will die so that the movie will be over. Oh, and the only exciting thing will happen at the end.

I think critics with a refined taste (aka snobs) will probably hate this movie while critics with a more laid back view will like it.

I will still want to see this movie because it is a science-fiction (plus, as a bonus: horror) movie. However, I don't think this movie will be good and I might wait for it to come out on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment