Friday, August 5, 2011

The Green: Illegal 2

"What cure?" I asked the burglar.


"Gralg." The burglar said and I remembered the advertisement that I kept with me. "My wife, she's suffering from some type of depression. I woke up one morning and she was trying to kill herself."


"How-" I started to ask but Plague cut me off. I realized that the memory hurt the man. I decided to take another questioning route. "Couldn't you afford counseling for her?"


"I tried that." The burglar cried out. "But it didn't help. I decided to get Gralg. It was supposed to be the one thing that would save my wife."


"What does this Gralg look like?" Plague asked and I noticed that he was angry.


"It's a green pill. It's very hard to get." The burglar replied.


Plague nodded. "Watch over him, Matthias, I'm going to call the police."


"Okay." I replied and he walked out of the room.


Watching the burglar I started to feel sorry for him. Never mind that he would've killed me just a few minutes ago.


"Please, let me go, I need to save my wife. I don't know if she's alive or not. I need to help her." The burglar begged me.


I thought about disregarding Plague's orders but I felt he had his reasons for turning the burglar in. Mainly that the burglar broke in, entered, and was willing to kill both me and Plague. I shook my head and he moaned louder.


Plague walked back into the room. "I called the police. They'll be here shortly."


I nodded and we all waited. Finally the police came and took the crying burglar away.


"Who was he?" I asked Plague.


"It doesn't matter." He said. "What does matters is that he was going to buy an illegal substance."


"Gralg is illegal?"


"Yes. It was originally created to help those with mental disabilities. But it had some side-effects that were very damaging."


"What were the side-effects?"


"I don't know. But they were bad enough to make it illegal." Plague said.


I thought about Thomas Savan and the green algae. Maybe there was a connection between Gralg and the green algae. Or maybe I just needed more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment