Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: A New Leaf 1

Location: Japan


I dodged the katana and shifted my arm into a tentacle. I used that to make the slave lose grip of his sword. As soon as that happened, another slave, who had previously dropped his katana, came to punch me in the neck. Without a second's thought I spun around and kicked him. When he was down the other slave bowed to me.


I shifted my tentacle back into a human arm and looked at the slaves that I had fought. They were poor practice but they did take my mind off of anything important. They allowed me to calm down.


"You may leave, slaves, I am through with you for today." I said and the injured got up weakly to bow to me. Then I left them and breathed in the fresh air by myself.


Walking through the main garden in Hijunaki's Palace, in my human form, I felt like I was home. What had happened before had passed, or at least I liked to think that it had. Every day I could do what I wanted except when Hijunaki called me to do something. I didn't try to resist him like I had done in the past.


While walking I saw two female slaves come near me. They were carrying food for Hijunaki or one of his creations. They came close enough for me to hear them. The two slaves didn't seem to care that I was there. One said, "Akumie is coming here. It will be interesting to see how Hijunaki handles a goddess being in his palace."


"Yes," The other one replied. "It will be nice to see Hijunaki put in his place for once."


I thought about reprimanding the slaves for disrespecting Hijunaki, but I remembered my own dislike of him. Though it was not as great as it had been before, it was still there. I let them pass and sat by a fountain.


After a few minutes I thought that today would be a good day to fly. Just as I was thinking about following through the thought with action, a slave came.


"Rig, Hijunaki orders you to come to him now." The slave said. I was momentarily angry that my second name, Katashi, was not formerly recognized.


I nodded to the slave and he lead me to Hijunaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment