Monday, July 18, 2011

Suburban Knights (2011)

Title: Suburban Knights

Director: Doug Walker

Starring: The Major Members of the website ThatGuyWithTheGlasses (aka TGWTG)

Rated: N/A

Released: 2011

Rating: 5/5

Oscars: N/A

Basic Plot: The Nostalgia Critic has his crew of reviewers go on a quest to find Malachite's Hand. To do this they all must dress up as a fantasy character that is involved with some sort of quest.

The Humor
The humor in this third year anniversary movie was very well done. Scenes that are supposed to make me laugh make me laugh. However, there is a dark side to this movie and it messes with the humor a little bit. While this would seem to be a bad thing, it doesn't affect it to such a degree that it ruins the movie.

Cast as Fantasy Characters
Benzaie was perfect as Conan the Barbarian (a movie that he is very highly fond of). Other cast members I could see the characters they were playing to fit a little bit with them. Still others I couldn't see how the Fantasy characters fitted their persona. Each played their part well no matter how odd the fit.

The Death of Ma-Ti
Ma-Ti has been a character that has been given no respect ever since he first appeared (yes, he is the character from Captain Planet). But in this movie he is finally given a moment to shine as he is the one to defeat Malachite. Ma-Ti's death was very unexpected for me and I liked the pain that it caused me.

Final Thoughts
I admit my opinion of this is skewed since I am a TGWTG fan. That being said, I think that non-fans can get something out of this movie. There will probably be a DVD of this coming out but you can view it free at the That Guy With The Glasses website.

No comments:

Post a Comment