Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Green: Illegal 1

I opened my eyes to the dark room. Turning over I saw that Plague was close by me and I sighed. Even though we now lived in a house, Plague insisted he wanted me to sleep in the same bed so that he could watch over me. Somehow I think his intentions weren't that noble. But I really didn't mind for a reason I couldn't yet comprehend.


I sat on the edge of the bed and wondered why I trusted Plague. For the two weeks we had traveled together I hadn't thought I should trust him so much. Or was I trusting him the right amount? It didn't really matter since I was stuck with him for awhile. Possibly for forever.


My stomach growled and I remembered that there were some leftovers in the fridge. Just as I got outside the bedroom, I heard the sound of someone breaking in. I looked around and was frustrated that there were no weapons around me. Add to that was the fact that the burglar had just entered the house.


Deciding to do the insane, I slowly walked to the back door where it sounded like the burglar had entered the house. The burglar stopped moving as I came closer. When I was finally able to see him by the moonlight, I had to dodge a bullet. The sound was quieted greatly since he was using a silencer.


I lay still as the man came closer and closer towards me. His face was covered and I imagined his face showed no emotion because he felt none. I shivered and hoped that the burglar wouldn't get nervous and shoot at me again. When the man was close enough I kicked at him and he fell down with a grunt. For a few seconds we hit and kicked each other. It seemed like the burglar was weaker than I thought, but he still managed to win the fight.


As the burglar stood up he picked up his gun and looked at me. The gun shook so slightly in his hands that I thought I was imagining the movement. I closed my eyes so I could prepare myself for the end. Even though I hadn't been able to really experience life, life didn't seem to care. I heard a gunshot and then the burglar yelled while falling down.


I opened my eyes and looked at Plague who wore a look that would make the Devil cringe. Luckily it was directed at the burglar and not me. "Thanks." I said to Plague and then looked at the burglar.


I walked over to him and took off his mask. The burglar's middle aged face was in pain from the gunshot wound.


"Please," He moaned in fear. "I only need money for the cure for my wife. Please understand."

No comments:

Post a Comment