Tuesday, March 10, 2020

The Outsider Season 1 (Mini-Review)

The Outsider focuses on an investigation to clear Terry Maitland's name. It stars Ben Mendelsohn, Bill Camp, and Jeremy Bobb. It is based on the Stephen King book of the same name. It was created by Richard Price.

This show is extremely slow paced. So if you're someone who likes to get to the point quickly, this might not be your cup of tea. But if slow paced is the way you like things, the show is extremely rewarding. You get to learn and care for various characters with the threat of the killer looming large in the background.

I am sort of glad that the show didn't fully answer what the killer is. There was more than enough information given so you understood how it functioned and so could fear it. This allowed me to know why it was evil and yet there was still so much to fear because it was unknown.

While this show works perfectly as a single season, the ending does point out a few ways for a second season to go. I can't say my theories here because I like to keep these Mini-Reviews spoiler free. But, suffice it to say, it wouldn't surprise me if someone who survived Season 1 encounters a lot of trouble in a possible Season 2.

I would recommend The Outsider to those who love both horror and Stephen King.

No comments:

Post a Comment