Friday, March 6, 2020

Hunters Season 1 (Mini-Review)

Hunters is a show on Amazon Prime about a secret group of Nazi hunters and the boy Jonah who joins them after his grandma is murdered. It stars Al Pacino, Logan Lerman, and Lena Olin. It was created by David Weil.

The opening scene of the series really draws you in. It is extremely brutal and very quickly. After the opening sequence I knew I was going to have a very good time with this show.

There is a major twist that happens near the end of the show. I had heard mutterings on Twitter before watching the show that it was going to be shocking, though some said they found the twist more than a little lack luster. I found no clues on the social media site about what the twist actually involved. While I had guessed the twist before it happened, I am still reeling about it. It is probably going to turn into one of those things where I'll rewatch hoping that this time there will be a different outcome.

As South America was mentioned, I was hoping that cloning would play a big part in the show. While cloning didn't play a big part in Season 1, it does seem like it will play a bigger part in Season 2.

There are some moments where the tone does shift in odd directions. At one moment it's a serious show and suddenly in the next scene it's lighthearted. While the tone shifted is poorly done, it is not too distracting overall.

I am glad to see that Josh Radnor, who played Ted in How I Met Your Mother, has gotten another job. In Hunters he plays the failed movie star Lonny Flash. Though the season doesn't show any of his movies, enough information is given on how cheesy they are.

I would recommend Hunters to anyone who wants a fun Nazi hunting show.

No comments:

Post a Comment