Thursday, October 24, 2019

At First Love Chapter 19: An Old Soul

This is a Real Person Fanfiction. In this fanfiction Iain Glen has never been married.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.

"That was horrible." Emilia said with a giggle.

"Not the best breakfast I've ever had." I agreed and shut the hotel room door behind us.

We weren't staying at a five star hotel as there hadn't been enough time for that. At the same time I had been in much worse places over the years. Hotels and motels where cockroaches roamed freely and toilets could be easily pushed over. Places that had sent me to the hospital because they were so disgusting.

"We should've gone to the cafe across the street." Emilia said and sat on the edge of the bed.

"We both thought that today the food would be bearable." I replied and let out a loud yawn.

"You're tired this early?"

"You weren't exactly easy on me last night."

"Should I have been?"
I had taken out the stress of the interview on Emilia's willing body. I had made her moan and yell out like never before. Afterwards she had teased me about making me go to another interview just to experience a good **** like that again. We were both tired by the time the sun had risen so we had nearly missed breakfast.

"If you are ever gentle on me I'll think something is wrong." I replied and sat beside her. "It'll be good to be back home. Even better to have you with me when I return."

"I'll be making some changes in the future." Emilia said with a smile. "If our relationship goes on for much longer, the house needs to be mine too. We should make a little room for our figurines."

"Or place them randomly throughout the house and make fans guess which are in what room."

"And make sure to put Jorah and Dany in romantic positions. Maybe even get a little naughty."

I imagined a Jorah figurine on the toilet while Dany was on the sink. The scene would be reminiscent of Romeo and Juliet. I hoped our love would not go the way of that play. The pair had been foolish which ended up with them dead. I would never kill myself foolishly without making certain that my love was dead. I would never put us in a position where that scenario could become a reality.

"I'm not looking forward to the plane ride." Emilia said. "If only we could just drive back home. I'd love a long road trip in the future."

"Going to small towns instead of big cities." I agreed with a smile. "If I go on a vacation with you, I want it to be just us. I don't want the media to join in. I don't want them to know where we are."

"I would love to be a small named actress to make things easier for you."

"The world deserves to know who you are. You shouldn't need to devalue yourself for my sake."

"I still don't like you feeling uncomfortable. What if one day you decide to love someone else who isn't in the spotlight?"

"You know I will never leave you. Why are you thinking I will?"

"I guess because I thought of leaving you before. Why wouldn't you think the same things?"

I put a hand on her leg and kissed her lips. Sometimes more words could be conveyed by actions instead of speech. The heat of passion could be more reassuring than mere phrases. She kissed me back fiercely to get rid of her own fears. We rested our heads against each other and I tried to keep my tears from coming out.

"I couldn't leave you if I tried, Emilia." I whispered to her. "And, dear god, I don't want to try."

For a few minutes we focused on foreplay and heating our bodies up. I focused on only taking off my pants. My entire being yearned for her I fell down and hit the floor with a loud thud. The sound was reverberated throughout my body and I vaguely heard Emilia cry out. I had thought my inability to concentrate was because I was so focused on *******. I had thought my pulse was high because that is how it always got with things like this. Was I dying? Would my love's cries be the last things I ever heard? If I were to die, at least I would see her one last time. I wanted to reassure her, but my mouth wouldn't move.

"Iain, an ambulance is coming." Emilia said and sat beside me.
I wasn't so far gone that I didn't notice she had put her clothing back on. My head and eyes moved, just everything felt like it was at a distance. I barely managed to lift my hand and she clasped it in one of hers. My heart was beating so fast I could hear it in my ears. It took looking into her tear filled eyes for me to start to calm down. She was the one I had to live for.

My hearing was coming back to me by the time the ambulance came. They reassured both Emilia and myself as I was lifted onto the stretcher. It frightened me to be moved by strangers while in such a compromised state. If they messed up I would fall on the ground again. I couldn't panic about that or my pulse might go right back up. I had no choice but to trust them.

"Can I ride with him?" Emilia asked.

"Are you...family?" One of the first responders asked.

"Girlfriend." I replied weakly.

I wanted to laugh at someone not knowing who we were. Someone who either didn't watch Game of Thrones or kept up with the latest gossip. And to think we had recently done an interview but this woman didn't know who we were. It was good that I couldn't even make a chuckle so that her pride wasn't hurt.

"How long have you known each other?" The woman asked as I was pushed to the ambulance.

"You really don't know?" Another first responder said in disbelief. "I thought you were joking when you said you didn't keep up with celebrity news."

"So what?"

"This is Iain Glen and that is Emilia Clarke. Their relationship has been a controversy."

"They're in a show together?"

"Game of Thrones. You know, one of the most popular shows in existence."

"So this is another time you're going to try to shame me into watching a show and I'm never going to?"

"You know me so well. So how you doing, Mr. Glen?"

"Great." I replied, my wispy voice thick with sarcasm.

Everyone, even Emilia, laughed loudly. It was good to relieve the tension so my girlfriend wasn't so worried. Whatever had happened today, I hoped it wasn't her fault. Sex was supposed to help calm both of us down, not make her feel guilty over my health. Maybe I had this response because of some disease that hadn't yet been diagnosed.

As they took me through the hotel lobby, I thought I saw people taking pictures of me. This would be in the tabloids, I was sure of it. It would be another mark against me dating Emilia. The horrible part was that I agreed. My love deserved a man who could make love to her night and day. Who could make sure her every waking hour was full of pleasure. A man that would be able to match her sexual ferocity.

But what if this was only something that happened once? We wouldn't know until it happened again. I felt my consciousness fading as the first responders and Emilia talked with each other. The only thing I heard was my heart in my ears. My fear about the rumors had made me fade out again. Was that why I had fallen during sex or was it something else? The only thing during sex I had to fear was how sexy my love was.

If I could have laughed I would have. Or maybe I did. My ears and eyes weren't working the way that they should. Images of red and Emilia played in my head. She was dressed as a bride in a gown that brought out her best features. Doves flew in the background and nature sang of her beauty. I needed to live to say 'I do' to her. Let us be ****** by the world, as long as we were together.

I opened my eyes and felt myself thinking clearly. Emilia was sitting behind my hospital bed. She was only barely on her chair and tears were dried on her cheeks. I smiled and she returned the gesture but there was no happiness in her eyes. Her eyes remained misty as if she would start crying again.

"I guess we know who is better." I said in an attempt at a joke.

"I nearly killed you." Emilia whispered.

"No, you didn't. And even if you had, it is the way I'd want to go."

Emilia looked down as nothing I said would make either of us to feel happy. We were deep enough in our relationship that we didn't feel a need to fake our emotions in the aftermath of this disaster. She and I were weak but would feign strength in front of others. Good treatment was needed and some doctors might take advantage of me in a weakened state.

"Do the doctors know what happened, Emilia?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"I don't know the hospital you normally go to and they wouldn't have been able to get your records anyways." Emilia replied and leaned back in her chair. "This whole situation is hopeless. They won't find out what's wrong with you and it'll just happen again if we make love."

"Don't think like that. Right now we don't know what happened."

"We know sex is a trigger."

"Not for sure."
I reached for her hand and she clasped mine. I squeezed to try and reassure her. This morning the most horrible thing I could think of was the food. Now my life was on the line and I didn't know how precarious my position was. It could be I slightly turned one way and found myself dead.

"I assume more testing needs to be done." I said and Emilia nodded. "Can it be done at home? This place is too depressing to stay in."

"I already asked." She replied. "They know we both don't want to be here. But they also believe moving you right now is dangerous."

"I don't have a solid diagnosis and I'm old."

I looked down at my hand and saw the IV drip. I looked at the source of the beeping and felt more like a test subject than a human being. If it had been up to me, my feet would race me out of here. But the truth was it was safer for me to be in the hospital if something was seriously wrong with me. I wouldn't scare Emilia again, she didn't deserve to feel even more guilty.

"You need to go back to the hotel." I told her. "That chair looks uncomfortable to sleep in."

"If the bed next to you stays empty, I'll be able to sleep on it." Emilia said and pointed to the thin curtain surrounding my bed. "One of the nurses suggested it. She also said it isn't busy right now, so most likely no patient will come in."
I smiled. She didn't want to leave my side no matter how uncomfortable the hospital room was. Maybe one day I would marry her. Maybe one day I would be brave enough to ask her to become my wife. Funny that not even nearly dying had made me brave enough to do that. She was so lovely that she didn't deserve to be with me in a weakened state. I didn't deserve the love she gave me. Especially now with me in a hospital bed.
* * *
For the first two nights Emilia was able to sleep in the bed beside mine. I liked looking over at her and seeing her at peace. Though that peace could quickly turn into restlessness. She never talked about her dreams in the morning and I was too polite to ask her. Though what she was dreaming about was easy to guess at. She thought I had been dying in the hotel room. Most likely she was imagining my death.

The third night she had to sleep in the chair as another patient joined us. He was young and had tried to impress his crush. Luckily he didn't recognize either of us and so was a good man to have. He also wasn't that talkative so I could rest between tests.

"They're never going to find anything." I said once the man was asleep. "This will be me for eternity."

"You're going to get out of here." Emilia replied. "It might not be for a few hundred years, but you will get out."

"Don't try to reassure me. At least a few billion years will pass."

The doctors had at least reassured us that the sex wasn't what had nearly killed me. At least not on its own. The intense ******* Emilia and I had done the previous night was what had triggered the incident. They believed that if I ******, which I always made sure was intense, that I needed a day of rest. If only I was still young enough to **** the most beautiful woman night and day.

"Hopefully the doctors just put a restriction on how often I ****." I said. "With that they can release me and we can go home."

"Does it make you sad you can't **** as often?" Emilia asked.

"Of course it does. But I'd rather be alive and with you than dead."

"It's been over a day since you last had sex."

The thought of Emilia mounting me in the hospital made excited. It was so wrong which is why I now wanted that to happen. I looked to my curtain and realized that it would be unfair to the other man. He would be put in an extremely awkward position. He didn't deserve that.

"Unless we want to get him involved," I said and pointed to where the man slept. "We should wait until we get home."

The wait to go home became more distant as erotic images of my girlfriend played out in my mind. But I was an adult, a fact I had been forcibly reminded of in the last few days, and couldn't react on my first instincts.
"******." Emilia said and answered her phone. "I'm in the hospital with my boyfriend. I didn't forget, I kept it on my calendar. I didn't mean to cause any disruption but Iain fell and the doctors aren't finished running tests. We don't know when he'll get out. Yes, I do want to stay with him. Thank you, I'll give you an update when he gets released."

"You shouldn't have done that." I said once she hung up the phone. "You still need to make money. Your time will be better spent filming than with a man who is possibly dying."

"My career, my life, means nothing without you, Iain. I can't stand the thought of being without you. If you're going to die, I want to be by your side."

A tear crept down my cheek and I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment