Thursday, September 19, 2019

Update: First Test Choose Your Own Announcement

My first attempt at an Animorphs Choose Your Own Adventure was...not good. I tried to do too much while being unused to writing in the genre. So that quickly stopped getting updates and I slowly decided to do it another way. I have gone through what original characters I wanted the main character to be.

The only thing I've decided on for certain is that the Choose Your Own will be a series. With each part having a canon ending and a large possibility for non-canon endings.

Before I set anything in stone for the series, I've decided to slowly work on understanding the mechanics of a good Choose Your Own Adventure. This will be done with Choose Your Own Adventures that will be light on plot so I can focus on the technical side.

The first one of these tests will be By Your Side which is a Game of Thrones fanfic. You will play as Daenerys Targaryen who has to decide on a king or queen. The romancing options will include Jorah Mormont, Jon Snow, Daario Naharis, and Cersei Lannister. There will also be two "bonus" options that I don't expect will be found during someone's first full playthrough.

As I said, these Choose Your Owns won't be heavy on plot.

Every time I complete a chapter I will post an update to this blog. This is so you'll be able to follow the progress made.

No comments:

Post a Comment