Friday, September 18, 2015

She's Too Bloody (MaryGraham's Journal)

I like my duties as a doctor for Seitou's Clan. I get to keep the clan healthy and not get too involved in the fighting. Though I will fight if I need to.

The bad thing about being a doctor is...well...Marco. He is also a Fae and sort of cute. I think he likes me as he's always looking at me at odd moments. He also gets himself injured in amazing ways.

Is he trying to impress me, trying to have an excuse to visit me, or is he just an idiot?

I don't like relationships in general. I think that they limit a dragon. Make a dragon forget what's important. I know Jash agrees with this, though how she arrived at that conclusion is much different than how I did.

For me I know I have a destiny and if I acted on my feelings for Marco, I might destroy the clan because of it.

My internal debate about Marco is nothing compared to my feelings about Kali. The Mirror gives Jash a run for her treasure for brutality. Kali had escaped from a clan where things took over and made a dragon's body a prison. The dragon had to look on in horror as the thing made them do terrible atrocities. The most accepted theory was that the things were agents of the Shade.

Herbie continually tells me that Kali's mind is fractured. A mind full of hate and loathing, with no room in it for love. He thinks that the thing that inhabited Kali twisted her that way. His eyes are full of pity when he says this. I wish I knew how to heal his hurt.

Maybe there is hope for Kali. Maybe she can know peace one day. But I am too nervous around her to help. I feel weak. I shouldn't be afraid. I should be fearless and strong. Like everyone else in the clan.

When Marco thanked me I was taken back to the present. A present where I had to decide my feelings.

Was I afraid of love itself or being in love with Marco?

I heard a loud scoff and turned to see RachelBerenson. I blushed as she flew away.

MaryGraham's Journal's Table of Contents

If you liked this journal entry, I have a Writing Shop on Flight Rising where I'll write bios and fanfictions of your dragons. I will also help suggest names for your dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment