Friday, September 4, 2015

My New Duties (Elfangor's Journal)

Originally being from the Water Flight made being in Seitou's Clan a little difficult. One of the minor things was how everyone around me called the planet Sornieth. For awhile it seemed like that meant they were disrespecting the Tidelord.

Then I realized both that the name Sornieth wasn't disrespecting him and that I now served the Shadowbinder.

Another odd thing that started happening to me in the clan was Birchurawkp making various excuses to be with me now that I'm an adult. They pretend, I swear they're just pretending, to make sure I'm healthy and judging who I'd breed well with. They also spend lots of time looking at me while I practice fighting.

But maybe I'm just imagining things.

Right now the big thing I'm focused on is the fact that I'm Head of the Warrior Department. I'm in charge of making sure that all my warriors are well trained and the defenses of the clan are effective. It's hard and confusing at times, but I'm dedicated to my new family.

At least I am now. Though sometimes I still see her face at night...

Anyways, I feel very unqualified for the position. I am not as old as some of the dragons here and I am one of the younger members. Only MartinBedell and MaryGraham have been in the clan less time than me.

Mary still hasn't been fitted for a job and I don't think she'll be a warrior. She seems much too nervous and shy to be in the middle of battle. One of the most exciting, and depressing, places to be. She seems like a much better healer than a warrior.

Martin, on the other claw, is someone I have to deal with every day as he is a warrior. What is really annoying is when I try to talk about something serious and then he just doesn't care. If only I could transfer him to a different department.

Which I probably wouldn't even if I could as he is a good defender of the clan.

Especially when dealing with Martin I feel like I shouldn't be the Head of the Warrior Department. Miasma is always quick to reassure me that I'm doing a good job.

Thinking about my new duties calms me down. And now that I think about it...maybe I don't mind Birch's attention.

Though they are clear that they don't feel love, maybe that's a lie? What if they're also lying about not liking 'coitus'?

I'll start spending more time with Birch and find out what kind of dragon they are. Maybe I'll like them.

As always, feel free to comment any questions to me below. I'll answer them in the future when I have time.

Elfangor's Journal's Table of Contents

If you liked this journal entry, I have a Writing Shop on Flight Rising where I'll write bios and fanfictions of your dragons. I will also help suggest names for your dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment