Sunday, November 18, 2012

S&N: The Rule of Logic 4

Rebecca was very quick to draw her own gun and aim. I pointed my own gun at the nearest Machine. Luckily the first line of guards weren't anything to worry about due to Stewart and Martha creating such a good distraction.


The two M-3s and one M-2 turned to look where the distraction was. My sensors picked up a signal and I motioned to Rebecca to step to the side of the door. As soon as she got into position, a blur of motion came out. I recognized the M-3s that were exiting but the other model I didn't.


My sensors told me that they were M-4s. But something seemed off about them. Something was missing. I couldn't tell what and I didn't have the time now to run a full analysis. Doing the only thing I could to solve the mystery at the moment, I ran a program to look into the problem. I then ran that program in the background.


Getting back into the moment, I waited until the Machines were out before entering the building. Rebecca followed behind me. I scanned the area and pulled up a map of the building. I signaled to her and we raced down a hallway.


After a few minutes of running we got to the large jail part of the building. I scanned each and every person to find Kered. Some of the prisoners made sense.


There were a lot of M-4s chained up. The chains were made up of harder material than would be used to imprison a human. They were probably chained up due to M-4s being harder to control than normal Machines. I had to turn my head away from looking them in the eyes. The human emotion of guilt was coming back to me. It was illogical and I managed to stop thinking about it.


Some of the prisoners did not make sense.


I scanned them and confirmed that they were human. That wasn't the odd part. The odd part was that they were members of The Net. According to my files on them, they were all extremely loyal to Netty.


I had to force myself to continue to look for Kered. Questions of why The Net was imprisoning their own wasn't important now. Getting the Elemental out of here was.


After a few more seconds I was able to find where Kered was being held. There was an old fashioned lock on his cell door that was easy for me to break. He wasn't a Machine so why would he be held like one?


Rebecca had my back as I rushed into Kered's cell. I scanned the area, decided it was safe, and picked up the damaged Elemental.


"Logic...The Net...logic..." Kered kept on muttering as I took him out of his cell.
-------------------------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

S&N Facebook Page

S&N Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment