Wednesday, November 7, 2012

S&N: The Rule of Logic 1

My sensors started to pick something up. I thought about it for a few minutes and then it dawned on my M-4 processors. It was Samara's favorite breakfast. It was a jalapenos omelet. She liked clearing out her sinuses in the morning. Not always, but from time to time.


It was strange that I wasn't making it for her, since it was usually my duty to make it. Samara didn't like making it because she preferred my cooking skills. But a lot had happened in three years to have changed that.


Within a nanosecond something hit me. The breathing was different from Samara's. I went into the kitchen and saw Mark. How he would've known about the omelet was easy to guess: Samara had told him.


I watched him make it and grew a little jealous. Though that wasn't really the correct term. I didn't know how to describe it. All I knew was that I didn't like Mark doing something I would normally do.


After a few minutes he turned to me and I met his eyes. My eyes didn't have to blink and so he became uncomfortable very quickly. He turned back to making breakfast. After my outburst he knew I could do damage out of anger.


And having a Machine after you isn't something any human wants. Truth be told, not something a Machine wants either.


My thoughts were diverted when I heard Sam's footsteps and turned to look at her. She had just come back from a morning jog. They had been getting longer as of late. Like she was trying to escape something.


A small smile formed on her face when she saw the omelet.


"You made this for me, Mark?" She asked him.


"Yes he did." I said tonelessly. I was not to be left out of this conversation.


A small blush appeared on Mark's face and then quickly disappeared. I was the only one with the sight to see the remaining blush on his face.


"Thank you." Samara said and then turned to me. "Are you growing tired of cooking too?"


"I didn't know." I paused. "And you didn't ask."


After a few minutes Sam's omelet was ready and Mark brought it to the table. I sat down beside Samara and joined in on the mindless conversation Mark had begun. But while I joined in on the conversation another part of my mind thought something different.


Looking at Samara I noticed her beauty, as always, but something seemed to be missing. Something was lacking in her features now. I would always stand with her but there was only confusion when I tried to figure out what was gone.


I loved her but also cared more for my safety and jealousy was also something that was starting to enter the relationship.


I tried pushing that to the back of my mind and focus on the conversation. But I was too advanced to be content with one topic at a time.
-----------------------------------------------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

S&N Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment