Saturday, November 10, 2012

S&N: The Rule of Logic 2

I could tell something was going to happen by Mark's odd heart rate. It seemed like his heart rate was about to go up. The mindless conversation was about to have something added that I wouldn't like.


If I were human, I'd be flexing my muscles at this point. As it was, I stayed still as the conversation continued. I heard the car pull up and the others getting out. Stewart, Rebecca, and Martha were about to come in and hopefully get Samara away from Mark.


While human hearing wasn't as good as mine, Mark also knew that time was running out.


"Samara," Mark said and I could tell he would've used her nickname if I wasn't present. "I'm wondering if you'll do a mission with me."


"What mission?" Samara asked, cutting me off from saying anything.


"Just to check out a Playful Ballet convention."


"If Samara goes, I go." I said since I could guess what breakfast was really about. "It'll be a big area and my abilities will help you out."


"I was just thinking of Samara and myself." Mark said.


"Marky, you aren't taking my girlfriend on a date." I replied to him. I stared at him and saw his heart rate increase even more.


"What Mark probably means is that you'll be too much of a giveaway." Samara said, trying to justify Mark's request. "The Net will notice a rogue M-4 more than two humans."


I nodded only to show a human response for Sam. Looking at her I could see a little fear when looking back at me.


"Are you sure he's not taking you on a date?" I asked and by Sam's response I could tell the idea didn't do anything for her. My inner human smiled.


"Just be calm, Naz, I'm not going to leave you." She told me and I thought about my previous thoughts. Being with her was safety and the other reasons were starting to leave me.


I was going to reply, but at that moment the others came in. I got up quickly and faced Stewart. At the moment our eyes met I could tell something was wrong.


"What is wrong?" I asked in an effort to distract myself from what Samara was planning to do.


"It's about Kered." Stewart replied and looked to Mark. Mark's only response was to wave us off. Stewart nodded and we went into another room.


"You're worried about losing her?" Stewart asked me and the two sisters gathered around us.


"Yes." I said. He didn't need to know my true feelings. "What is it about Kered?"


"He's been captured." He replied and I could sense the things that would be classified as human fear. An Elemental being captured wasn't an every day thing.


"Do you know where?"


"Yes." Rebecca said. "He's not far away."


"You were going to ask Mark what to do?" I asked them.


"Yes." Martha replied.


I turned quickly and burst into the kitchen.


"Mark, stop flirting with Samara and do your job." I said and Mark reached for his gun. He would've took it out and fired it, if not for Sam. "Kered is captured. Permission to rescue him."


Mark let out a sigh of relief of work not affecting his ability to be with Sam.


"Stewart," He said and Stewart came to stand by me. "You're in charge of rescuing Kered."


With a second wave from Mark, we went to another room to start planning. I hoped that Samara would remain true to me on the 'mission'. I would've fought more but the stability of Karma was much more important than lingering feelings of jealousy.
-----------------------------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

S&N Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment