Friday, October 14, 2011

Salt (2010)

Title: Salt

Director: Phillip Noyce

Cut: Extended Unrated Cut

Starring: Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber, and Chiwetel Ejiofor

Rated: Unrated

Released: 2010

Rating: 1.5/5

Oscars: Nominated for 1

Basic Plot: Salt goes on the run after she is accused of being a Russian spy.

The Film is Confused
I am fine with films that force me to think about things. But Salt is a film that seems to not know what to do with itself. While the action sequences are great, it has confused plotlines. I think this is due to the fact that it wanted too many twists than it could really handle.

Who is Salt?
The question that was used to promote the movie just seems stupid. Even if you do watch the movie. You quickly find out the answer to that question. In other words, watching the whole movie to find out the question is just stupid.

The Action Sequences
The only good thing about the movie is the action sequences. They were the only enjoyable thing about this film. While the good and bad guys can get confused (not in a good way, trust me), if you just focus on the action it seems like a decent film. If the film hadn't tried so hard to do plot twists, I could've recommended this movie as a mindless action flick.

Final Thoughts
This film is a big piece of shit. I love bad movies and will search out bad movies. Heck, I've probably watched more bad movies than good (and don't regret it). But I like bad movies that are fun to watch. However, Salt tests my patience so I couldn't enjoy it. This is a movie you should stay the heck away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment