Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Morostide 2014 (Subeta Event Review)

Morostide is a fairly standard event each year that is Subeta's version of Halloween. Usually it's the standard trick-or-treat at someone's profile, find random pumpkins around the site and carve them, go to the Pumpkin Patch, and that's really about it.

But this year the site gave us something that...wow. There are some things that remind me of why I fell in love with this site. I am also going to try and get better at knowing the lore of the site, but I'm getting ahead of myself now.

A Ship Made Canon
I am a huge shipper, but in all my years on Subeta I never thought I'd start seriously shipping NPCs. I never thought I'd care which NPCs got with which ones on the site. But this Morostide I started thinking Ian had more than friendly feelings towards Jaxon. And, yep, it was confirmed as canon on tumblr and then by the prizes that you got for completing the plot. It is annoying, then, that some people are saying that Ian and Jaxon are just friends. I'm not saying you have to like the ship, just that you have to admit that it's canon.

Tasks for the Plot
I was able to complete all parts of the plot. The one where you had to escape the locked room was really hard for me. I ran into a wall when I couldn't figure out the code and had to look it up. The maze one was easy once I knew what to do. The one where you had to have the ghosts run into each other was the hardest thing by far. I really have no Earthly idea how I was able to get through that part. So there were some relatively easy parts with a lot of challenges along the way.

Skin Changes
I zapped myself twice and ended up with Dog Skin. I kept it because it helped me make my Tobias HA. There were plenty of other skins I'd love to try next year. Chief among them was a Xenomorph Skin (official name Geiger Skin). I adore Xenomorphs and would love to have my HA be one for next Morostide.

Final Thoughts
This was one hell of a ride. There is now a CANON LGBTQ+ relationship on the site, the tasks to do were challenging for the most part, and it was an all around fun time. I didn't notice too many new hexes, if there were any new ones. I hope we get to find out more about the Ian x Jaxon relationship as time goes on.

I give this event: 5/6

Join Subeta (say TobiasBanner sent you)

No comments:

Post a Comment