Monday, October 20, 2014

Tobias HA for Morostide 2014

Morostide is the Subeta Halloween event. A time where you can trick or treat and there is even a plot this year! For this year's Morostide I decided to dress up my Human Avatar (HA) as Tobias from the Animorphs book series by K.A.Applegate.

This turned out to be a daunting task as there were no items to turn your HA into a red-tailed hawk, at least not specifically.

So with no specific items for a red-tailed hawk (and Tobias usually dressed in 90's clothing so very generic), I had to figure out a way to get the message across that my HA is Tobias and not something random. That Fanimorphs (Animorphs fans) would recognize it as Tobias.

So, without further ado, here is how I got my HA:

First off, my way to get who my HA is across was to have Tobias be morphing human while still mostly red-tailed hawk. Morphing is a horrific process and only an Estreen like Cassie can make the process look good. So my Tobias HA looking like something from a horror movie makes sense.

Important Looking Egg


I decided to have Rachel appear in this HA. Rachel is Tobias' girlfriend in the Animorphs series and her bird of prey morph is a Bald eagle. This was one of the things in my Tobias HA that was a combination of saying my HA is Tobias and that he's from the Animorphs series.

Hawks Beak

The beak is supposed to be Tobias' red-tailed hawk beak. The generic hawks beak was the best I could do for Tobias' hawk beak.

Raven Boots
The Raven Boots are meant to represent Tobias' talons. Since I couldn't have actual red-tailed hawk talons, these had to do.

Tan Bird Tracks Shirt

Besides being a piece of clothing for Tobias to wear, this is meant to represent his hawk/bird side.

Immortal Eternal Assassin Pants

These pants are good to be on an HA that is mid-morph. The tears allow more of the hawk to show and for it not to be awkward in the wrong way.

Harpy Cloak
There was no Hawk Cloak, much less a red-tailed hawk cloak. That being the case, I used this to be Tobias' wings and torso.

Hair
I used a hair style that is available for free in the wardrobe. I chose the style to be messy as Tobias' messy human hair is commented on more than once. I chose the main color of the hair to be black due to that being his hair color (I checked Seerowpedia a few times to make sure) and red highlights to represent feathers going from red to his natural human hair color.

Gold Possessed Contact
There weren't any good hawk/bird eyes to choose from. So I chose this item as it was the closet to a hawk's eye I could find.

One Small Step

This wasn't to talk about Tobias, but Animorphs in general. I wanted to have something on this HA point to the fact that Animorphs is a science fiction series. This was the best I could come up with as it didn't seem too blunt.

Dog Zapper Skin
During Morostide the Pet Zapper v.2 will let you zap your HA and get different skins. HERE is a list of all the Skins it can give you. So I decided to zap my HA all throughout the event just to see what would happen. Only if there was a Costume Contest would I get rid of whatever skin I had on at the moment. But then I got the Dog Zapper Skin and it just really works for the Tobias HA I have now so I won't be changing it. It gives the HA the color of feathers. And so what if it's not perfect feathers? Tobias is morphing human so the fact that only the color is right and not the texture is fine.

JOIN SUBETA (and tell them that TobiasBanner referred you)

No comments:

Post a Comment