Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pretty Little Liars (Season 3)

Show: Pretty Little Liars

Season: 3

Episodes: 24

Developed By: I. Marlene King

Released: 2012-2013

Rating: 3/5

Plot: Four friends band together against an anonymous foe who threatens to reveal their darkest secrets, whilst unraveling the mystery of the murder of their best friend.
------------------------------------------------------

Spody and Ezria
Now I was a big Ezria fan once the show started. It was a nice, cheesy student-teacher relationship. In real life this would be different but Ezria (Ezra and Aria) brought me back to the days of high school where I crushed on some of my teachers. However, by Season 3 this relationship has grown very stale. The only interesting thing is finding out Ezra had a kid by a former girlfriend. By the end of the Season it seems like Ezria is finally over, which makes me sad and happy at the same time. Spody (Spencer and Toby) went through some interesting events this Season. It was revealed that Toby is on the A team and you never really trust him after that. Now I know that Toby was revealed to be a good guy in the finale but I don't trust him. He played Spencer for awhile and he might just be doing the same thing again. I love me some Spody, but I can't trust Toby again. Unless he proves himself to be good next Season.

Everyone is A
This Season really brought the paranoia up a couple of notches. This is surprising considering that all this series is about is paranoia. Anyone could be out to get you. You find out that Mona is not the only A and that there is an a team. This leaves you guessing who is working for A and who isn't. You think that Mona is near the top of the food chain but she isn't (neither she nor Toby know who Red Coat is). For the majority of the Season you think that Mona is running a large group but it seems to just be her and Toby. Maybe next Season it'll be revealed that Red Coat (she is revealed to be Allison but then later it's pointed out that Red Coat was probably just wearing a mask...King, that's not how you do a reveal. That's really half-assing it) is actually in charge of a huge group of people. I mean, two people couldn't be causing as much chaos to the Liars as has happened over the course of this series.

Getting Peaceful About Paily
Now I love me some Emaya (Emily and Maya) but Maya is dead and Emily had to move on. My dislike of Paily wasn't because I was mad that Emily was no longer with Maya (her being with a dead girl is just downright creepy). It was because I didn't trust Paige or how her relationship with Emily started. Before Paige came out as a lesbian, she nearly drowned Emily and was just a general ass to her. So when she's suddenly revealed as both a lesbian and admirer of Emily, it just came off as strange. However, this Season has cemented the fact that Paige truly cares for Emily. That Paige only has her lover's best interests at heart. However, I'd love to see Paige as a villain. Not because I want to tear Paily apart, but because Paige has made slight evil gestures (like when Jenna came to talk to Emily one night) that make me want her to go evil to see more of them.

Final Thoughts
There were some things in this season I loved: Spencer going crazy, the intense amount of paranoia, really crazy scenarios (Meredith going nuts and drugging Aria among them), and Ezria dealing with some struggles that seem to have really torn them apart. Throughout this Season it did seem odd that Mona's A team was really her and Toby who were being lead by Red Coat. The fact that Red Coat wasn't fully revealed and it felt like I was supposed to be happy that I got anything. However, I like tuning in each week to see what happens. I hope next season to find out who Red Coat really is, if this is really the end of Ezria, see Paige go evil, and to see if Toby is really a good guy. Of course there are many other things I want to know (and see), but those are some of the main ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment