Saturday, November 19, 2011

S&N: Curse Revealed 4

NOTE: NAZILLA IS FEMALE!


Right now I was being reminded of my humanity being a thing of the past. I had been reminded of it ever since the change, but now it was clearer than ever. I don't know if it was the untouched food in front of me or Samara's eyes looking into me. Her eyes showed distrust as she kept eating her food.


The silence was something I would've liked to get rid of, but she had not replied to any of my attempts at conversation. I dearly hoped that she was thinking of why I should be with her. Be in her life, at least. But with every bite she ate it seemed that she would never agree to be with me anymore.


Finally I pushed around the food on my plate like a human child. Or, really, like any human at all. Looking at Samara's mouth I thought I saw a brief smile. I went back over the moment in my memory banks and I saw that there had been a smile on her face for less than a second.


After Samara finished her meal she looked at me. She stared at me like she was looking for any bit of the Nazilla she used to know.


"Naz," She finally said. "I think there is some of you left. Know what? I love that part and I can't see the rest of you getting destroyed. If I lost you again I don't know how I would recover. I don't think I could."


Samara paused for a few minutes before she walked over to me. I thought that she was going to slap me but then her lips pressed into mine. I loved the feeling but it somehow felt distant. It was as though I could tell what was happening but not feel like a human would. I couldn't feel the same joy that I used to feel when human.


But it was what I had wanted so I kissed back. When we both pulled back as one a smile was on her face. My face wasn't expressionless and had a smile for her.


"I love you." We both said as one. I admit, I did cheat to give it perfect timing. But it did make us both happy.


As we smiled as one, she took my hand and led me to her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment