Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Green: Illegal 4

Forever and eternity passed as I waited in front of Plague's house. Night turned into early morning before I saw Plague riding a motorcycle. He was driving erratically and when he got closer I could see why. He was covered with blood and I hoped most of it wasn't his.


Racing to the front of the driveway I waited for him to stop. When he did I helped him off. No words were spoken but grunts were made by both of us. I sat Plague down at the table in the kitchen.


"I'm sorry." I said as I raced to get the First Aid Kit that was in the house. Guilt flooded me as I went over the whole house since my memory had left me. I could possibly become the reason Plague died. Finally, after eons had passed, I got the First Aid Kit.


"How are you doing?" I asked Plague as I started to use the kit.


For a moment he was silent and then asked, "Did you at least get some of the Gralg?"


"Yes. Yes I did." I said and finished using the kit on him. Luckily the majority of the blood wasn't his or came from cuts that weren't that deep.


"Pretty good for your first time." Plague said and managed a small smile as he looked over my work.


"I panicked. I got you hurt, Plague."


"Matthias, it's common to panic on your first time out."


I nodded sadly and decided not to argue anymore. "Did you get anything besides wounds?"


He nodded. "Yes. After I managed to knock the person out I got this." He said and went into his pocket to take something out.


"Who was that person? How did he know you? And what's a butt buddy?" I asked.


"He was a man I ran into from a previous case. Who he is isn't important. And, for your last question, that's…" Plague paused for a long time. It seemed that either the term butt buddy was a very delicate thing or he didn't want to admit something. And what if he didn't want to admit something that was obvious to everyone but me? "A butt buddy is a term for a male gay lover. When gay men have sex they sometimes put their penis into the other one's anus."


I nodded, though I was still confused. How could anyone find that enjoyable?


Plague opened his hand and I realized I had forgotten about what he had been doing before. He opened his hand and there was a piece of paper. He handed it to me and I read it.


"So people are trying to grow it now?" I asked Plague and he nodded.


"We should hand this paper, after copying it, to the police as well as the Gralg you have." He said.


"Are you sure they won't throw this stuff away as a hoax?"


"The police trust me. I believe there isn't a high likelihood that they will."


I nodded but was still nervous. I trusted Plague but I didn't trust others as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment