Monday, August 22, 2022

Henry's Hope

Paid Promotion
Henry's mind is the birthplace of Hope, a little thought who goes around looking for reasons to stay. On Hope's journey it encounters other thoughts, making friends and making enemies. Even the darkest times Hope is able to find a reason to stay which eventually leads to a complete change within the mindscape.

An illustrated symbolic story of the inside of the mind of someone very depressed.

It addresses the topic of suicide.

Emmalisa Horlacher's Website

Talking With Emmalisa Horlacher

What was the writing process like for Henry's Hope?

It came fast and furious. The idea just kind of popped into my head and I just took it to paper. It was like a word dump just coming out. I wrote it in about 3 days. From there came the hard part, the editing and illustrating. That took forever to finish.

What was the hardest scene in Henry's Hope to write?

The hardest scene to write was the ending. I struggled deeply with how I could represent what I was feeling and what I wanted to say in a way that didn't invalidate the experience. I wanted to write what was true and hopeful, without trying to make light of the struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment