Monday, April 4, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 4 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

The bodies of the Freys would start stinking up the place soon. They had thought that it was a normal feast and there was nothing to fear. But they were wrong as I had come to take revenge upon the House that had murdered my mother and brother. They had taken away from my family when we were just about to reunite.

I looked down at the massacre that was all my doing. After killing Walder Frey, feeding him his own children before, I had put on his face to finish tearing House Frey down. I had made sure none of the servants drank any of the poisoned wine. To the Freys, though, I afforded no such kindness.

They didn't deserve it.

To think that I started out as a girl with dreams of adventure. I had never wanted to become someone's wife. Now my adventure had turned into something I never dreamed. It was much bloodier and unlike the ballads Sansa loved. Murdering an entire House should have made me feel something other than pride.

But I felt nothing except pride about getting vengeance for my family. The nightmares about what my mother's final moments were like had haunted me over the last week. The closer I got to the Twins, the more horrible they became. Rob had haunted me less as I imagined him fighting until he bled out too much.

I wasn't a child anymore and knew that Rob was most likely taken unawares. But I liked living that fantasy during the night. I liked pretending that my brother had been as strong as a god until the morning light.

A few servant women still stood in the dining hall. Their eyes went from the bloodless bloodshed to me. What monster did I look like to them? To inspire such fear meant they might still think I would kill them. They had seen me shed Walder's face and then an entire House died within mere minutes.

If the servants had been an enemy, I would've basked in the glow of their terror. But they weren't enemies, they were mere victims. It wasn't like they had much choice of where to live or who to serve. They were commoners after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment