Monday, April 25, 2022

And The Band Played On (Kafka's Men Book 3)

A secret will be discovered...

Corvid "Kafka" Ravenhart considers herself sepearate from the other woman. She thinks of the other woman as more of a mother than who she was before. Most days Kafka doesn't even mind how much of the other woman's memories she doesn't have.

But when Kafka gets the feeling that she's partially in morph, she wishes that she had more of the other woman's memories.

And The Band Played On is the third book in the slow burning Reverse Harem series Kafka's Men.

Her blades were deflected by my sword but not without costing me. I was nearly flung to the ground and the sound nearly deafened me. My instincts told me when to parry Keres' forceful blows. It was extremely difficult to form any sort of plan as thinking might cost me my life. The thrill! What was life without this?

This was a good dance but it couldn't go on forever. The guilt of enjoying Keres' demise was getting to me. There wasn't a good plan that could be formed now. I would have to rush at her and make a killing blow. If I could morph something that could match her speed, this test would be easy.

I feigned left and then rushed right. Just as I was about to cut her leg off, that sense of being partially in morph came over me. That brief distraction gave Keres enough time to recover and try to cut off my head. My legs stopped holding me in my body's vain attempt to protect itself.

I rolled left and right to avoid her blades. I let out a cry when she managed a small cut on my stomach. No. No I would not die now. Keres deserved to live but so did I. And surviving meant killing her. I hated this part! She didn't deserve to die!

"Ah!" I cried out and blocked her blow just as I got up.

No comments:

Post a Comment