Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Tarot Narrated: A Modern Guide to Learning Tarot (Mini-Review)

Paid Promotion
Tarot Narrated: A Modern Guide to Learning Tarot by Susan Ellington seeks to help people better understand tarot. One problem with tarot is that it seems hard to understand. But with examples from her life, Ellington makes tarot easier to comprehend.

Usually people consider The Tower to be an awful card to draw and an ominous omen of doom. You know how in most horror movies Death is always drawn to portend the doom of a character? The card to be pulled to truly make a practitioner feel uncomfortable is The Tower. So it's a breath of fresh air that Ellington shows that it's not always a horrible card to pull.

It's also refreshing to read Ellington's views on certain cards so that I can consider meanings I don't usually think about. Such as I love the Death card which probably has a lot to do with my spiritual connections to ravens. But that's a story for a different post. Anyways...in every deck I am drawn to Death and I think of it as a mostly positive card. So it's nice for Ellington to remind me why people don't always have such positive feelings towards it.

This book has a few simple spreads that will be very useful to beginners. Such as single card, three card, and Celtic Cross spreads. If you are starting your journey I would highly recommend the single card for your daily readings. The place I do my readings isn't that large so it's easier for me to do three card readings. Though with my smaller decks I would have the room to do the Celtic Cross spread. If you're wanting more spreads, Ellington points out that you can search for more on the internet. I've found some seasonal spreads while searching on Google.

I like how this book doesn't try to force readers into a corner on how to do tarot. Such as the way one person shuffles their cards won't be the same as how someone else shuffles their cards. I'm horrible at shuffling cards and so have created a way that makes sure my decks are well shuffled. It takes three to five minutes sometimes but it gets the job done. Plus it's relaxing to me.

I would recommend Tarot Narrated: A Modern Guide to Learning Tarot to those interested in starting to practice tarot. I would also recommend Tarot Narrated: A Modern Guide to Learning Tarot to those that need a fresh outlook on tarot.

No comments:

Post a Comment