Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 11 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

What would it be like to spare with Jon...that is if I went back to Winterfell. I knew it was my duty as a Stark to return. Father would want me to rejoin the pack and not be a lone wolf. He would probably say something about Winter or the fact I needed my siblings. Not only was Jon in Winterfell, Sansa had also survived.

While I didn't have the strongest bond with Sansa, she was still my sister. She was still family. That's what I was fighting for, right? I wasn't fighting to simply kill. I was killing for a reason. As I paused in my practice, I remembered the reason was family. I was killing because my family had to be avenged for all the wrongs that had been done to it.

Needle wavered as I tried to calm myself. I could kill Cersei and abandon why I wanted to kill her. Now that Jon was alive he could kill the bitch himself. It could be him as King of the North that ran his sword through her. Wouldn't that be better?

Or maybe he would send me to King's Landing to assassinate the so called Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. So by returning to Winterfell I would both be doing my duty as a Stark and finally be able to finish my list. It would feel good to see Jon again and be able to talk.

Maybe we couldn't talk as we once did, but it would be good to hear his voice once more. It would even be good to talk with Sansa once again. She had been dealt a bad hand and yet she had grown stronger. If the news had been true, she had been a key player in winning back Winterfell.

At least she was alive and could play the part of Lady Stark. She could marry some Lord and I could do...I don't know what. I didn't know what I wanted after avenging my family. I didn't even know how I would fit in at Winterfell anymore.

I sheathed Needle and looked towards Winterfell. I wanted to return home so badly it seemed that something was calling me. I wanted to return home because it represented safety. I also wanted to return home because Jon and Sansa were there. I guess I also needed to go back because I was a Stark.

"I am Arya of House Stark." I said underneath my breath. "I am the daughter of Eddard and Catelyn Stark."

As I spoke it felt that there was no other choice to make but to return to Winterfell. But returning home would mean giving up on killing Cersei. It could be that Jon would send me to assassinate her, but that was unlikely. If he was like how I remembered him, he would want to be honest in killing her. He would want her to be able to surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment