Friday, June 24, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 13 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"Is it wise for Ellaria to go back to Dorne now?" Yara asked. "She has shown knowledge of my uncle. Why risk going in waters that he may be patrolling?"

"I'm not a coward to hide until the danger is passed." Ellaria replied.

"There's a difference between being a coward and a fool."

Euron Greyjoy would be easy enough to defeat with my dragons, but Ellaria did not have them and Yara brought up a good point. Was the future of Dorne worth the risk of her life? She was currently supporting my reign and I didn't have an idea of how to protect her fleet from Euron. Not unless I wanted to ride Drogon and risk being away from Dragonstone once Jon arrived.

Everyone in the room looked to me for a brief moment. As queen it was up to me to make the final decision in this case. I had been so foolish not to realize what the threat of Euron brought to Ellaria's return to Dorne. It was entirely possible that she could return without Euron being aware of her movements. The area of water from here to Dorne was large and the corrupt Greyjoy couldn't be everywhere at once. Though he would like people to think so.

"Euron can't be everywhere at once." I said. "His shadow hangs over everything to the point that it seems entirely possible that's not the case."

"But sailing brings a risk now." Yara argued. "He's a cruel man all on his own. But now he is allied with Cersei which means he'll attempt to impress her. He'll want to solidify their alliance with proof of what he can do."

"Which means we'll need to be careful but he shouldn't deter us from traveling by ship at all."

"And why is Ellaria risking her life? Because something might be happening at Dorne? She should just send a raven to make sure no one is trying to overthrow her."

"People can lie in letters. It's much easier to detect lies when you're talking to someone face to face."

"People can lie to your face or else the Faceless Men would be useless."

No comments:

Post a Comment