Wednesday, June 15, 2022

The Bob's Burgers Movie (Mini-Review)

The Bob's Burgers Movie is a feature length film of the Bob's Burgers television show. The movie, like the show, revolves around the misadventures of the Belcher family. Bob and Linda have to deal with the fact that their burger restaurant may have to shut down forever when the bank won't allow them to get an extension on their loan. When a sinkhole opens in front of the restaurant and a mysterious dead body is found with their landlord blamed for the murder, everything appears hopeless. Louise, deciding to prove that she's not a baby, sets out to figure out who the real killer is. The Bob's Burgers Movie was released in 2022. It was directed by Loren Bouchard and Bernard Derriman. It stars H. Jon Benjamin, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, and Larry Murphy.

This was one comedy I was really excited about. The tv show is one of the few comedies that I just adore. Sometimes the children get on my nerves but most of the time I really connect with the Belcher family. revrezner is also a fan of the show, has seen more of it than me, and so he decided to brave the movie theater for it. For years he hasn't been able to see a movie in theaters due to his back problems.

In this movie we finally get to see the backstory behind Louise's iconic hat. Even if you haven't seen the show you should recognize the hat as it has gained that level of fame. I didn't need a backstory for it as it was just a good piece of clothing to me. But the backstory in the movie is moving. It manages to help complete Louise's character arc in the movie.

Tina is probably the character I relate the most to. Though I like to believe I have some Louise in me. Anyways...Tina has been crushing on Jimmy Jr. since forever and this year she wants to make him her summer boyfriend. But her decision on whether or not to ask him is clouded by her confusion of if love is actually real. She wonders how it could be real if reality is never as good as fiction. What I've found to be true in my own life is that when you first fall for someone you don't see their flaws. Then after you've dated a little while you begin to see the cracks in the perfect image you have of them. The test of love is if you want to be with them even while knowing they're not perfect. And if you don't want to be with them after that that is okay. Dating is, honestly, just a testing ground to see what you really want in terms of romance. Or if you want romance in your life at all.

There are a few musical numbers in the movie. By the trailers I could see hints of at least one song. In the show there are musical numbers every now and again. When the first musical number happened I thought the movie would become a musical. That wasn't the case though there are a few songs scattered throughout the movie. Including in the credits where all the characters dance to Gene's band's song.

I would highly recommend The Bob's Burgers Movie to fans of the show. I would also recommend The Bob's Burgers Movie to those looking for a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment