Tuesday, July 23, 2019

At First Love Chapter 11: On the River

This is a Real Person Fanfiction. In this fanfiction Iain Glen has never been married.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.


The day was hot and I couldn't wait until I was back inside. At first the heat was invigorating and gave me much needed energy. But as the hours wore on it became nearly unbearable. One of the many distractions was the sounds of the other boats on the river. In post they would be removed to make audiences become fully immersed in the world of Game of Thrones. The scene was to take place by Valyria and so it wouldn't make sense for any boats to be by mine. That wasn't even taking into account that modern day boats didn't exist in the time period of the show.

"****." Peter hissed and I let out a groan.

Again he had ruined a take. At least this time it had been an honest mistake. To me he was an unneeded distraction. Like predicted, he had joked endlessly about my relationship with Emilia. In no way was he cruel, it was just his way to tease people. There was no doubt in my mind that he supported my decision. That if he didn't like what Emilia and I had, he would have been extremely forward about his feelings.
"I think you could give me a little more support." Peter said as we waited for another take to start.

"And you could be less annoying." I retorted.

"You shouldn't have returned with an overabundance of material. You and Emilia? You two are really getting into character. There are method actors and then there are you who achieve true greatness."

"If I was really that good of an actor I would be a household name."

"Which would be moaned by every woman on Earth."

I just shook my head. Before the thought of being desired by every woman would have been more than appealing, but now it was just a thought. Less than a thought in fact. It would always feel good to be desired, but the only person I wanted to desire me was my girlfriend. Anyone else desiring me would be used if she dumped me. Well, either a woman or a bottle of scotch.

"Try to get it right this take so we can both get inside." I said as the crew indicated they were ready to shoot again.

"I rather like the heat." Peter replied with a devilish grin.

I got back inside Jorah's head and saw the world from his point of view. I felt his need to get back to Dany that echoed my need to get back to Emilia. He had a need that defied reason and would not be sated until he got back to her side. I too would go to any lengths to get back to my girlfriend. Though I thought my character was being foolish about choosing the path he had. Of course he would fall victim to greyscale at the end.

Half-way through the take Peter imitated Emilia for his lines. I wanted to be mad at him and scream but I couldn't help but laugh. It was a terrible impression but he was going all out in his performance. There was nothing to do but hit him or wait for the director to yell cut. As the crew were laughing so hard there was nothing to do but wait. Peter was adding his own erotic lines by the time cut was yelled.

"You need to focus on the job at hand." I said when I finally stopped laughing.

"You weren't exactly holding your composure." Peter pointed out.

"And whose fault was that?"

My colleague just smirked at me. Of course the fault was mine. I could stop myself from reacting to him if I wanted to. Which must mean, though I may deny it, I liked Peter ruining as many takes as he could. While I thought of how to keep my cool for the next few takes, we went back to shore. There our makeup was touched up and we were allowed to cool down for a few minutes.

"Please, don't mess up any more takes." I begged Peter as we set out across the river.

"So you can get back to sending dirty texts to Emilia?" He asked with a wink.

"If I say yes, will you stop messing up takes on purpose?"

"Possibly."

Over the course of the next hour I managed to mess up some takes. This was mainly due to forgetting lines or messing some up. Whenever this happened Peter was quick to point out my mistakes and made them seem more severe than they were. Sometimes he messed up his own takes and I would return the favors he had given me. This lead some very sarcastic remarks to leave our mouths whenever one of us messed up.

"How about you stop messing up our takes, Iain?" Peter said mockingly.

"You are extremely distracting." I joked.

"Don't let Emilia hear that. I don't think she wants to share her man. Though maybe I should visit her as she should know what a big **** looks like."

"If ***** were as big as egos, yours would be the largest."

"How about I whip mine out and we can measure them?"
We had to restrain our laughter as we attempted the scene yet again. I saw a gleam in Peter's eyes and knew he was about to ruin the take on purpose. I used my agony to help with showing the pain Jorah was feeling. Maybe it was good that Peter was so like Tyrion in some aspects. It made it easier to act with him. The same qualities that could be hard to deal with brought out a better performance from me.

Not even half-way through the take Peter started humping the air. I didn't know whether to keep a straight face or not because he said his lines seriously. There were some soft chuckles from the crew but even some of them had started to groan. They might start to hate my relationship with Emilia for very different reasons than viewers of the show. I thought of threatening Peter but that would be bad form. I didn't need anymore bad publicity than I already had. Maybe some of the crew wouldn't mind as they must want to get out of the heat too.

"I will toss you over if you ruin one more take." I whispered to Peter and he merely rolled his eyes.

I could understand why he didn't feel threatened by me. It wasn't like me to take my frustrations out on my colleagues. So he had no reason to suspect me to follow through with my threat. The director shouted for another take and Peter barely spoke before I made my move. He didn't have time to realize what was going on before I tossed him overboard. It was easy to do as I was much bigger than him. I smirked as he rose to the surface and spat out water.

"What the ****!" Peter laughed.

"I told you I would toss you over." I replied and helped him back into the boat.

"I didn't say anything."

"How was I to know you weren't going to joke around?"

As we made our way back to shore there were sounds of people clapping. While Peter's face was joyous I knew that he wouldn't purposefully ruin another take today. He wouldn't know if I was going to toss him into the water again or not. This feeling of power was gratifying after everything that had happened recently. After all the rumors that had put chaos into my life.

We took a break and then shot the scene again. It took only two more takes to get things perfect and we didn't have to worry about the scene ever again. Peter and I sat side by side as we drank coffee. In a few short hours filming would be done for the day and I would think about seeing Emilia. But we were filming too far apart at the moment for me to visit her tonight.

"I'm sorry about tossing you over, Peter." I said and drank my coffee.

"I deserved it." Peter replied. "I guess I can't help teasing you since you being in a relationship means you're open to certain kinds of jokes. I was just lucky enough to get you before most of the others could. I wasn't going to let my chance pass me by."

"It's much better than the ruthless people making up rumors about me and Emilia. At least you're only joking around, other people would like to see me dead for getting with Emilia. For some reason many people get angry about that fact."

"You don't know the worst parts of it. It's a good thing you don't have a Twitter or Instagram. You'd go mad with how idiotic people are. They need to stop thinking they have any say in our lives. They can have their own fantasies, but they can't harass us when we don't dance like they'd like us to."

That's what the rumors were: people thinking they could control my life. People thinking that me being content wasn't that important and I needed to be with someone else. I wondered what they would think if they were told by thousands to be with a different person than they wanted. If only I could exact some sort of revenge on them. If only i was that petty of a person.

"I want to go to sleep." Peter admitted. "I just need to lie down."

"I think they want us to film another scene." I told him.

"If you weren't so old, you would remember we do have one. It's a minor one. Me wasting time on the previous one won't mean much. I'm sure we'll get everything done today. Hey, do you think Tyrion has a chance with Dany?"

"The show already put her with Daario for a long time so I'm sure your character has a chance."
Suddenly we were called to start filming again. While I was focused on filming, a part of my mind drifted to Emilia. We had exchanged a few phone calls since arriving to set and we planned on ******* hard.

"Stop messing up the takes." Peter teased me. "Or I'll throw you."

I rolled my eyes in response and tried to make sure thoughts of the future didn't interfere with the present. This was my job and if I wanted money I would have to focus on the show. So I did even when my mind wanted to think about Emilia. Finally the director yelled at us that it was the end of shooting for the day.

"So how many hours are you going to be ******* *** to the lewd photos?" Peter asked as we started to head back to our trailers.

"Did it ever occur to you that we might not do that?" I retorted as I tried to retain some dignity.

"I know what year it is and I know you two haven't been able to meet up often. Ergo you have lewd photos of her on your phone."

"Ergo is a pretty big word for such a small man."

"A midget joke from you? You're supposed to be the bigger man!"

We chuckled and the feeling of happiness lasted until I entered my trailer. It was much smaller than my house but it still felt like home. Especially when Emilia would again make love to me here. Maybe she would fall asleep in my arms and we would wake up to each other. Hopefully our schedules would allow that.

I took out my phone and looked at it. With one simple call I would be able to hear the sweetest voice I had ever heard. A rush of energy could course through my body as we talked. With all my willpower I put it on my table. My breathing was starting to get heavy as the fantasy of ******* her became more real. There was no reason for me to act like this as we would be seeing each other soon enough.

I was over fifty years old and acting like a lovesick teenage boy was beneath me. She needed her space as much as I needed mine. For all I knew she was having a stressful day filming and just needed to rest. I had many nights where I could do nothing but fall asleep. Another reason for not calling her was I was afraid that would drive her away. I did not want to scare her away and end up not able to find love ever again. She was perfection and I would not harm her if it could be helped.

But that didn't mean I would need to be tormented by those fantasies until I saw her again. In quick order I had something to drink and eat. I nearly scarfed the small meal down to give me enough energy for what I wanted. Since my bed was small, it didn't take much to clear off a space for me to use. Finally I was naked and laying on my bed.

I focused on images of Emilia and let my fantasies overwhelm me. At least to a certain point.
"I'll **** you later, my love." I said and opened my eyes. "You've already made me too exhausted."

Reality hit me and I let out a sigh. Sweat was forming on my skin but there was no person to my side. I shouldn't exhaust myself beyond reason for a fantasy in my head. My body made its way to the kitchen and I thought of sending a picture to Emilia now.

Before I touched my phone it made the noise to show it had received a picture. A smile formed on my lips as I viewed a picture of Emilia.

After a moment I took a picture of myself and sent it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment