Wednesday, July 31, 2019

The Danger of Bees

As promised, I'm starting to do small posts about my spirituality from time to time. I feel most comfortable doing the posts here and the poll had only one vote which meant most people don't care where I put these posts. Yes, when I run polls it's not only the choice with the most votes but how many votes there were total.

And now to this post...When I do a reading from my Tarot or Oracle decks, I usually do a single card for the entire day. This is done since I am extremely busy each day and this doesn't take that much time. Well, depending whether or not I click with the card or not. There have been days where I've been lost and did my best to guess.

On July 28, 2019 I used the Animal Spirit Oracle and my question was what animal spirit was in my body today. I also asked if I should keep the spirit or improve it.

I drew Bee which very accurately described the good and bad aspects of how I have been feeling. Bees are social insects that live only for the colony. Their entire lives, from birth to death, are about serving the others in their colony. Nothing else exists for them.

Lately I have been giving my all for revrezner, the house, and my blog. Every day lately has been spent making sure those three areas of my life have what they need. To say my life has been hectic because of this would be an understatement. Yet I can't see a way to change.

My need to be so productive is both good and bad. Good because I am generally able to complete projects in a timely manner. Especially those projects that take months or years to complete. Such as my Animorphs Dramatic Reading or my fic series Consequences of Ice and Fire.
Bad because working so hard can really wear me down to a greater degree than I'd like. Working so hard can make me feel like I don't have a life outside of serving others. It makes me think that doing things purely for me doesn't matter at all. This is due to the fact that I'm not a bee that dedicates every waking moment to the colony but a human that has an individual personality.

On July 28, 2019 I was watering my three plants outside. Auntie, Red, and Little Timmy. I got through watering Auntie and Red but had to stop for a little bit. This was since a bee was pollinating Little Timmy. I couldn't continue my watering since doing so would disturb the bee which meant I had no choice but to go back inside.

Since I had drawn the Bee card, I felt this was too much of a coincidence. There I was working away and not thinking of myself when an actual bee appeared and forced me to slow down.

I believe the sign of the bee mirrored that of the card. It was telling me that I am not a bee and need to consider myself more. It was telling me that sometimes I will feel it hard to push on and that isn't a sign to go on, it's a sign to stop.

So, what do you think about the Bee card and the bee?

No comments:

Post a Comment