Thursday, July 18, 2019

At First Love Chapter 10: Calm

This is a Real Person Fanfiction. In this fanfiction Iain Glen has never been married.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.


I sat in my car as I looked at the restaurant. The sun was just setting and so our dinner would be in a very romantic light. This was the first time in a long time that we would be able to spend time together. And after dinner...it was hard to stop the images that passed through my mind.

I got out of my car once I forced my fantasy to an end. Upon entering the restaurant I was greeted by Emilia in a red dress that allowed me to see just enough cleavage to get me interested. We didn't say hello and merely hugged each other. Our first touch making me restrain myself from dragging her into the bathroom.

"You look good, Iain." Emilia said. "And for once, no sandals."

"I figured tonight was special enough." I replied with a chuckle.
I liked the feeling of air over my feet and did not mind the stares people gave me. My reputation had made me fear getting into a relationship, but my footwear was another matter entirely. Everyone seemed to joke about my sandals in jest and no one was ever held back because of the shoes they wore.

"Let me guess, this place wouldn't allow you to wear sandals." Emilia said with a smirk.

"I've been caught." I answered and held up my arms in mock defeat.

"We still have a little bit to wait for our reservation and you have a car."

"And we have a reservation to keep."

"We can be quick."

"My love, we won't be in the mood to come back in if we went to my car. Besides, people are watching."

If I were to be honest with myself, I didn't mind if people saw us. Being with my girlfriend made me feel as if there was nothing I need to fear. That nothing could harm me in this moment and so I should do what I want. My rational mind had a very hard time working at these moments. Her perfume was invading my nose and I wanted to do nothing more than **** her.

"You're an adult." Emilia teased.

"I guess I am." I replied and sat down on one of the seats by the doors.

Game of Thrones Season Five would start being filmed soon. This was one of the last moments we would have time to ourselves. After tonight it would be hard to figure out how to meet up again. Emilia and I held hands without saying another word. We did not have to say much to talk. By her touch I could tell that she was nervous and being with me comforted her. While she had a strong exterior, she had the same fears as me. I squeezed her hand gently to show my support of her.

"Iain." A waitress said loudly. "Party of two."

"That would be us." I said and helped Emilia.

"This way."

Being out in the open made me feel scared nowadays. It made me fearful of everyone glancing at me. I knew the rumors floating about, at least more than I wanted to, and was certain the eyes looking back at me believed a handful. But I couldn't stop living my life because of fears. So I let go of Emilia's hand to appear strong and unafraid. She walked beside me as we started to smell the food. I glanced at another couple to get an idea of what I would order soon. I noticed that she did the same. I should have gone with a place I visited more frequently, but ordinary food would not do.

As we sat down the waitress told us about the specials and the wine list. As the wine list was extensive we had to spend a few minutes going over it so we ordered water for the moment. After the woman came back we had the wines picked out but not the food. So she went away to give us even more time to figure out what to eat.

"You don't come here often, do you?" Emilia asked with a smirk.

"I've been here once or twice." I replied. "But, no, I don't come here often."

"I have no idea what to order."

"Just find something that sounds similar to what you usually like to eat. That's what I do in a strange place. Places like to sound much fancier than they are at times."
I made sure to say the last part extremely quiet. There was no need to worry about what the cooks did to our food in the kitchen. No need to worry about if there was spit hiding in the food. Plus some of the customers might think about going somewhere else if they heard this wasn't a good place to eat. A few might even do reviews online that could make others not come here. A lot could happen because of one sentence. A lot had happened because I said 'I love you' to Emilia.

"Okay, that makes it easier." Emilia said.

A few minutes later and we had each placed our orders. We sipped at the wine and I glanced at a person looking at us. He looked like he was wondering if we were actually Iain and Emilia. My girlfriend started to laugh and I couldn't help but join her. At least his face wasn't painted with disgust or anger. The confused look he was giving was just adorable.

"Should we say something?" Emilia asked.

"No, I don't think so." I replied. "Let's give him a good story to tell. Some of his friends won't believe him and he will doubt himself."

I had had my share of celebrity crushes. A few times without pictures, my friends did not believe me when I saw my celebrity crushes in public. There were still a few encounters I wondered if they actually real happened. Now the man would have the same kind of memory. It felt empowering to be able to give someone a memory like that.

"You do have a dark side." Emilia teased.

"I told you, I'm a very cruel man." I chuckled.

"I'll have to keep my eyes on you."

"If you can keep them open later."

We spent a few minutes drinking our wine. Mine seemed average and I knew I had overpaid for it. Wines did have their own unique flavors but some were bad no matter the price. It had been quite the lesson to first learn that price had no relevance to quality. At least the lackluster drink still gave me a slight buzz.

"I can't wait for Daario to be off of the show." Emilia said as the waitress refilled her glass. "It was fun for awhile, but I don't want Dany to be with him for much longer."

"I don't mean to intrude," The waitress said. "But I think Daario and Dany should be endgame. He is just perfect for her."

Me and my girlfriend were silent until she left. Then we broke down laughing. The reason she wasn't talking about how horrible a person I was was because she didn't recognize either of us. We clinked our glasses together and drank before starting to laugh again. I wasn't angry about the waitress' tastes in relationships as the characters weren't real. Me and Emilia, on the other hand, were real.

"I wonder what she would say if she knew who we were." Emilia said. "I think I'll tell her next time she comes over."

"For all we know she believes I raped you." I replied.

"I doubt she'll cause a scene."

"I don't think she will but I'm worried about arsenic in my food."

Emilia nodded. We both wanted this evening to be peaceful. No need for me to worry about spit being in the food brought to me. At least I didn't have to worry about my love's reputation being harmed by the rumors. It would have hurt me so much worse if she had been dragged through the mud because she loved me.

"I do hope they don't keep Daario and Dany together until the end." I said. "He is much too immature for her. I do like working with Michiel but his character needs to go."

"He does have a wonderful butt." Emilia agreed. "But I've seen it and don't mind saying good-bye. I really hope the rumors are true about him leaving the show."

"I hope he goes down fighting. I nearly thought he'd die in the fighting pits. A character like him deserves a good death scene."

"Like Jorah killing him?"

"How well do you think viewers would take that?"

"They'd use it as another way to demonize you. Maybe even spout some ******** about it being written in to justify your real life actions."
People held so tight to their love of fiction that it seeped over into real life. If a character was cruel then the actor must share those same beliefs. I had played some villainous characters in my time and they weren't me. Some loved causing pain and that wasn't me. Some of them thought poorly of romance while I was dating Emilia.

"Who should Jorah be with if he can't have Dany?" I asked.

"Sophie does think you're cute." Emilia replied after a moment. "It would also be a good reason to get Dany to hate Sansa. Imagine the Dragon Queen feeling jealousy for the first time. Maybe even realizing her feelings for Jorah too late."

"Jorah isn't that honorable, I'm sure he'd be okay with giving Dany his sword in secret."

"Maybe that will cause a civil war in Westeros."

"To think one of the most hated characters in the series will be the most important. Besides the dead, that is."

Overshadowing petty human squabbles in the show were the dead. It was an interesting fact that the wars were meaning less as there was a bigger threat. Eventually every character on the show would have to realize their wants and needs weren't important in the grander scheme of things. Just like in the real world, there were more important things than wars that some pretended not to notice.

"Maybe we can really convince Dave and Dan to make our characters get together." I said and leaned back in my seat. "We are dating now which can give us some leverage."

"Or we can release fake scripts to some of the larger fansites." Emilia said. "People are so eager to release things first that a good rumor about us will finally get out. They'll be so eager to report the 'leaks' that the rumors will make their rounds."

"And the fake scripts will then be picked up by even more sites as people are eager to get the story out before it gets cold."

The waitress came out with our food and we were silent except to compliment it. Again she hadn't recognized us and we chuckled once she was gone. If we were more open about our thoughts on Game of Thrones she might have treated us to a long conversation. Probably better that didn't happen as she could have been one of the more aggressive fans.

"It'll be good to see the others." Emilia said.

"I don't look forward to seeing Peter again." I replied with a loud sigh. "He'll tease me endlessly."

Peter was a good man but he liked to joke around a lot. And my relationship with Emilia was an easy target. I doubted he would be angry at me for dating her but he would joke about it. He was the kind of man who would try and ruin takes to poke fun at me. It was much better than hearing horrible rumors about myself, but it would still be annoying to have to put up with.

The rest of the meal passed by in silence. In the way her eyes looked over me I knew she was imagining what would happen later. Another sign of her feelings was how quickly she ate. I ate slowly just to see her tense up as the arousal coursed through her body. In retaliation she used any excuse to lean or turn to expose her cleavage. This made it extremely hard for me to keep up my own slow pace.

When the waitress asked if we wanted dessert, I said yes. I made sure to lean close in to Emilia as we looked over the menu together. This backfired as my instinct was to throw away the menu and drive her back to my house. The small smirk on my girlfriend's face showed me that my thoughts weren't kept secret from her.

We shared a dessert and kissed each other from time to time. They weren't deep kisses as this wasn't the place for those. Instead they were light kisses that teased what was to come. We chuckled as both of us tried to ease the tension between us.
"That was an intense dinner." I said once we got into the car.

"It's you who decided on dinner." Emilia teased me. "I would have been happy just going to your house."

"I have games I like to play."

"Did your other women get this side of you sooner?"

"There was a reason I could get women into my bed. I want to give you much more than that."

"And you're afraid it'll be too much for me?"

"I've never been in love before."

I didn't know the difference between ******* for fun and ******* for love. Not the exacts in any case. The act could deepen a relationship or break it apart. It was as if a single act was balanced on a thin line and the wrong motion could have devastating consequences. When Emilia had come to visit before I had tried to differentiate the act in my mind but she had broken those walls. Hopefully she had a clue what she was doing because I didn't.

The moment I parked in my driveway I started to kiss her. Our intense lovemaking took us from the car to my kitchen table. After over an hour we both finished for the final time and got off the table. Sweat dripping down our bodies and the scent of lovemaking thick in the air.

"You could stay over tonight." I breathed.

"You know I can't." Emilia replied sadly. "I wouldn't mind waking up to that tomorrow if possible."

"I would drive you back-"

"But you are way too tired. Can you make me some coffee? I feel like I'm going to pass out."

It took half an hour for her taxi to come. In that time we washed up and put on clothing. Our parting kiss was sweet and painful. Both of us wanted to wake up in each other's arms but our schedules wouldn't allow that.

No comments:

Post a Comment