Monday, May 16, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 8 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"Son of Jeor Mormont?" Tarly asked.

"The same." I replied and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm Samwell Tarly. I served under your father."

Suddenly I was very interested in Sam. He must have taken the black and so served as a member of the Night's Watch. I had become Lord of Bear Island and fled into exile all while my father was serving the Night's Watch. Not only had I disgraced my father, I had done so after he trusted me.

I was nothing like my father. He was an honorable man and I only thought of justice when it suited me. Why else flee into exile? Why else spy on an innocent woman who now wanted me to be her king?

"He was a good man." I said with more gentleness than before. "I should have been a better son."

"I think he would be proud of the man you've become." Sam replied.

"If he were alive now, I would understand never gaining his forgiveness."

Why did it hurt so much that I could never gain my father's forgiveness? I realized that coming home as Daenerys' king could have begun to repair our relationship. He might have seen my accomplishments as signs that I should be forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment