Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 7 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"Ghost should stay with you." Jon said as he ate his meal. "I don't want to leave you her without any protection."

"You need to take him in case something goes wrong at Dragonstone." I told him. "Brienne of Tarth has sworn her loyalty to me. If any are foolish to try and attack me she will kill them."

I tilted my head in Brienne's direction. She was standing guard at one of the walls. Unlike everyone else, she was not eating. I guess she thought that eating would distract her if anything went wrong. She shouldn't be so worried as the only danger right now was Littlefinger and the man wouldn't be foolish enough to attack now.

"I'm aware that Littlefinger hasn't returned to the Vale." Jon said quietly. "The longer he stays the more likely he is to try something."

"And you think Ghost will be able to stop him?" I asked. "He doesn't fight with weapons, he fights with words."

"I know. I know."

"Are you really that worried about leaving me alone?"

"I don't want to leave. The North is all I've ever known. There is no part of me that thinks I'll be comfortable where the weather is warmer."

"Then you need Ghost for that reason. He's both a piece of the North and a gift from father. Even if I did need protection, you need him more than I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment